Where's the Superchargers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are they a done deal? Only avail used from folks or is there a manufacturer that I can still snag a new one from?

used only mostly unless you go with a bullet supercharger twin screw but really $$$ hit up @Tank5

I have a complete bullet supercharger with intercooler and the chip for sale. Send me a pm if your interested. It is for a 2uzfe.

Check the Classifieds here on MUD, maybe even post a WANTED ad for the TRD supercharger. There are likely a few "investment" units laying around waiting for a hungry buyer to come along. With the advent of Scotty/Joey's new Turbo, there may be a lot less interest in the superchargers, so prices may eventually come down a bit.

This is just my 2 cents, but as time goes by, and as much as we don't like to hear this, parts for our engines will become NLA more, and more often. So spending 6 grand just for an "NOS" supercharger, you'll be spending at least 1/3 the amount of money it would take you to do a diesel, or LS1 swap. With that said, I'm thinking it just might make more sense to apply that 6 grand toward a modern engine swap, with better parts availability in the future, YMMV.

Last edited:
This is just my 2 cents, but as time goes by, and as much as we don't like to hear this, parts for our engines will become NLA more, and more often. So spending 6 grand just for an "NOS" supercharger, you'll be spending at least 1/3 the amount of money it would take you to do a diesel, or LS1 swap. With that said, I'm thinking it just might make more sense to apply that 6 grand toward a modern engine swap, with better parts availability in the future, YMMV.
I don't think we're quite there yet where this should be a legitimate fear. Parts availability is still pretty solid if you know where to look. Maybe that will change in 10-15 years, but who can really say?

I don't think we're quite there yet where this should be a legitimate fear. Parts availability is still pretty solid if you know where to look. Maybe that will change in 10-15 years, but who can really say?
Not wanting to fight with you, and yes i know that you can source some factory parts via overseas vendors, but still, you might want to check out Beno's thread ( he's one of Muds resident Toyota factory parts experts) on all the factory Toyota parts that have become NLA for our trucks. As depressing as His thread is, it just might change your mind about the continuing availability of factory parts for these trucks. Cheers!
The Ultimate 80 Series Parts Discontinued Thread

Last edited:
Not wanting to fight with you, and yes i know that you can source some factory parts via overseas vendors, but still, you might want to check out Beno's thread ( he's one of Muds resident Toyota factory parts experts) on all the factory Toyota parts that have become NLA for our trucks. As depressing as His thread is, it just might change your mind about the continuing availability of factory parts for these trucks. Cheers!
The Ultimate 80 Series Parts Discontinued Thread

Have seen his thread, every time its bumped I will admit I do feel a little uneasy haha. That said, the overwhelming majority of parts are still available from @beno himself as well as many other reputable sources. We may have different thought processes, but the only point I was trying to make is that at least to me, it is way too early to make the low parts availability case to justify a powerplant swap.

I still see complete 1FZ-FE engines for sale on CL quite often in "running" condition.

The block is good for ~1,000,000 Kilometers at least. Pistons, rods, crank, valves, cams, rings, can all be had after market.

It's not like we are trying to keep a flathead with a points distributor running. I agree in 10-15 years this might be an issue but not today or tomorrow.

WOW, thanks all for the suggestions!
Didn't expect to see this much engagement!

6 grand for a supercharger is kinda hefty haha
Might as well go for a Cummins Swap after I hit 200k + miles on my 1FZ and stop using it as a daily.

WOW, thanks all for the suggestions!
Didn't expect to see this much engagement!

6 grand for a supercharger is kinda hefty haha
Might as well go for a Cummins Swap after I hit 200k + miles on my 1FZ and stop using it as a daily.
I have done one of those too...$15k in parts alone...can be done cheaper than that though if you go with junkyard motors, no rebuild.

Last edited:
Yep and probably another $10-15k in labor. But turbos and superchargers are so expensive. I have heard you can get an LS from the junkyard for $500 ;)

I have done one of those too...$15k in parts alone...can be done cheaper that that though.

I have heard that you can count on running a SC rig WAY past 200,000 miles.

Reactions: RFB
I still see complete 1FZ-FE engines for sale on CL quite often in "running" condition.

The block is good for ~1,000,000 Kilometers at least. Pistons, rods, crank, valves, cams, rings, can all be had after market.

It's not like we are trying to keep a flathead with a points distributor running. I agree in 10-15 years this might be an issue but not today or tomorrow.
You are right on, I part them out.... I currently have a few complete running 1FZ-FE engines with trans and transfer case, all priced around a grand.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but curious how few nitrous-ed rigs there seem to be out there? My rig has power enough to not be an issue on the daily commute, and the times she seems to need a little more 'oomph' actually occur pretty rarely. Whatever kind of engine-boost system I would use would probably not be used daily and maybe not even monthly. That would seem to be exactly what a 'mild' nitrous shot system would deliver, and unless you got a little too crazy with the nitrous dosage there would be no additional engine wear or extra parts to source the rest of the time. (And nitrous is a whole lot cheaper to put in as well.) So why are there so few cruisers running a nitrous system? Am I missing something that makes a nitrous system less desirable on these particular rigs?

I have looked at putting together a supercharger system but frankly, it is just out of my reach financially. Unless they start paying Paramedics a whole lot more money, the s/c build just ain't gonna happen. But a nitrous system is a bunch cheaper, and for the few time's I'd use it, might even be better for my particular application and driving requirements. Just thinking out loud here, but also wondering if I'm missing some problem our I-6 motors or maybe the ECU systems might have with nitrous? Why are they less popular than the s/c or turbo options?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom