LJ71 2LTE help required....please!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all I am trying to have my Cruiser started but no luck so far:cry: I have the motor turning over but no fuel coming out from the pump.

I have power supply to the shut off solenoid but am concerned about a loose plug- attached in pics.

I bought the vehicle in a non running condition after the engine has been overhauled, new pistons bearings and cylinder head.

Any help to identify the plug would be appreciated, have 2X 12V power supplies and 1X4.8V power supply on the 4 pin plug.

Hoping to hear from a GURU.....

DSC_1457.JPG

DSC_1458.JPG

DSC_1459.JPG

DO NOT put a power supply to the 'shut off solenoid' in the injection pump. It's not a shut off solenoid like the mechanical diesels have, it's actually called the 'spill control valve'. You will wreck it by directly putting power to it. They are expensive and hard to find.

A fellow on this website translated the Japanese wiring manual. You should start by taking a look at the manual to help sort out your wiring. Here is the manual: Dropbox - '90-'92 70-Series Wiring Manual.pdf

GTSSportCoupe thanks so much for your help mate, you just made my life so much easier!!!

Looks like I am short on a spill valve relay....

I'll post results as soon as I get behind the fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom