What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Upgraded my center diff switch to the real things

Lcybb3jnzFOeaHebtfQhESGzqsaqeIB5TUbxmm1z2qitNZIDvosKuTlzhcP51OqzRR4lbfyMb3pqgRFfukDiNhEUQlSHx7czuYWL58_dJMWcueJU5xQUWieVxXfi58PMoWLPR24_FRKZX4yd6uDKNyUZn5OKn_EbGjNWzeo1fxOEfYY25Y6QOtd5X719voZn0JqbuKWh_LiXIyrnJQWfldVKCQLEFWRmSxyNI-g4puBsiV8waWHb5qdJ9SIJ569lvJ9nCYdMaXteRvagrfC3eAvyvESgB-19RIzr5MRKpnRmv46aIURUCCUf-HIO32lxF3yrkA3AAnph8PGj3MZWDXYmC7OgwJqAu8_DaUHMmV33GZFLAe_XLuTh3_zJ1DlOp0hO-qOFz8GuGu88v8Ne7xBmLqAyCQ0AsiLgsbxjBrA9pjbzJ_kYyv5VltevIst1MRYvYhIy2xF6UFuibMXdj-x6vz023UVuN4aIjqiWG-Al8GESUHU2c-3-WELhU9sjShxwQf6msvPTk4O0DzAUdeWK9OUwI21PBzD-Hpa475p00FMGIH9atD4tkpHKzoho4yA7i4ZSjisuIv9KrQCMarvZsRy1WZpJBs_DHQhznK_9JjunKSuAMaJe5tLMCOI3=w1560-h878-no

F52X-QIwQdJqQZ6vw4XRzYhPDcHEbzjKvYuH_GNl7hXnpOheoXYTtsf51INFMAwupd3_5DDqEH9Ly8yxImz5fvsRc3m1koKYOSzjb9kfdIimjDQFXfhe2U6UO0vGY4T1rdjica64rfhdL-bhou_Povltie8PKnZbUUca6GkWepHvPs1nBiA60lIx1cog9FOr-Jra1LSax79wSGaHo-c4ZEJwVXZ9BDoH6Yr2QQtzNCrKLRKMv0YP6L8Rc9zoa21w6uNMMsHvSXzefAb8dWiazSdOYm3pYiM57VolQWGBQnylRnlvg8aBtIxEMeNdXQyJkBU7rSj37cLbptDkX84P6QS9chho99flT6CKEaWdMT1BBwYbkjtGizI4T8SWTHfus7VVIqJaZo_DkeKX0w4N1-cx3cs9CV5LtG9OXkpuOZK51L05vWIpOmREEu0P7lpTQsFVh1wHpXO9-d51SGN0_zEGyufWO0B0XPin6Ig_wWyd01C8bsSpJnewAVBETaPcoOEubhOGurEZwcuGPfGEaWA-DpbidMx_U8LWDcXxdLKk9n0ZMzEaQ7HfsiV_FCtfVqQngSUWhO-SRBwyVA4VRJ5fa5moAyNhkLHHH6xV26xaye04ybPah0BS33LHTM52=w1677-h943-no

That sucks!

Now....turn it into a positive!

He dinged the:
bumper
hood
core support
grille
cowl
both front fenders.

That's good for at LEAST $3000. Throw some extra parts on it, slobber on some monstaliner, and buy some armor for the front!

You'll be money ahead in the long run!

@slow95z start looking for parts for a 93........

Pushed the core support back. Radiator is pushed a hair back. Hood obviously. And grill. Possibly lights as well.

@Jgunner ... welcome to my world on this. If you find a solution, please tag me when you post it. I'm having that same issue and was just about to try the u-joints. Same thing with no wheel play as well. Very frustrating.

Pushed the core support back. Radiator is pushed a hair back. Hood obviously. And grill. Possibly lights as well.

Yeah, better include a radiator in that too. I know you have the brass on in the 93.

My wife rear-ended a car a lot of years ago in our Jeep GC and it had "no damage" other than a slightly tweaked bumper. 9 months laterm the radiator started leaking on that side due to the hard flex it got. Too late for insurance to cover it.

Make sure you get "everything" covered.

I think in this case, if you would have had armor (ARB or equal) it may have caused more damage due to the height at which he hit.

Bummer.

Replaced all 4 u joints trying to fix my grrrr. Didn’t fix s***, but at 264k they needed replacing. I am thinking its my wheel bearings. With or without my front ds, i still get grrr’s, its just less pronounced.

At high speed on the highway (65~) in sweeping turns i get a vibration on either side. I checked by jacking up the truck, no play top to bottom or front to back, spin a wheel and it feels smooth, lock to lock is smooth. It almost feels like a motor mount but its only at high speeds, not rpm and my mounts look good.

Im lost. Whent weeling anyway, hit widowmaker at sycamore and had a hell of a time getting up, slick as snot! I was not alone as a bunch of other locked up jeeps struggled except one showoff with a 4cyl unlocked but at 10psi on tire just crawled up, but not the hardest chute. Finally made it up with 20 psi in the tires.

Check your inner axle bushing

Yeah, better include a radiator in that too. I know you have the brass on in the 93.

My wife rear-ended a car a lot of years ago in our Jeep GC and it had "no damage" other than a slightly tweaked bumper. 9 months laterm the radiator started leaking on that side due to the hard flex it got. Too late for insurance to cover it.

Make sure you get "everything" covered.

I think in this case, if you would have had armor (ARB or equal) it may have caused more damage due to the height at which he hit.

Bummer.

Yep. Figuring radiator in there. Headlight tabs cracked so new lights. ****ing mess.

Sitting at a construction one way. ****er “forgot to put his brake on” and rolled back in to me. I had left room to get out but couldn’t make it so I sat and watched it happen. ****ing idiot!

View attachment 1791492
Why no ARB?

Yep. Figuring radiator in there. Headlight tabs cracked so new lights. ****ing mess.

Oh....and did you stay back 300 feet?

@LouisianaRubicon Yes it is. I didn't get the tank from Power Tank because in my area they don't fill the tanks, you just swap them out for full ones. I got mine at Airgas for ~$80 for the 10lb tank. Easily filled up all four 33" tires from 18psi to 38psi 10+ times and several other odd tires over the summer.

Just a quick note from my experience with CO2 (maybe others have an opinion). I'd recommend limiting how long you allow CO2 to stay in your tires. When I first got my powertank setup I used the air for both trailside fillups and to eliminate the annoying low tire pressure light in the BMW in the winter. (loved it! super quick and easy) That was a costly mistake as I experienced dry-rot on all 4 tires on the bmw and my current KM2s have seen a drastically shortented life span over my originals - cracking sidewalls, sliced lugs, dry and cracking between lugs.

With CO2 you'll likely notice the need for more frequent refills due to the molecules actually escaping through the rubber. I use CO2 to run tools, quick fill-ups to get me home but I always air down and back up with the compressor when I get home. Just my $.02!

Last edited:
Sitting at a construction one way. ****er “forgot to put his brake on” and rolled back in to me. I had left room to get out but couldn’t make it so I sat and watched it happen. ****ing idiot!

View attachment 1791492
OMG!!!!!!! Im not sure I would have kept it civil, hopefully you get a chack because WTF????

PHH done! It did turn out to be kind of pesky though. Mostly because my perfectionist mechanic son thought it was hack to bust the lower tube mount. Once I convinced him he wasn't going to be able to put the new hose on without pulling the tube he agreed. 290k miles on the clock it was definitely time.

Last edited:
E55B5F22-EB5A-4368-AE02-7A62AEA7BFF7.jpeg
9C69F47F-2235-45CC-81E1-AB65622B024B.jpeg
C7EB32BD-1EFD-4F6B-AAF1-7CE30B5A724E.jpeg
Installed new rear pads. Both corners were wearing differentialy, is that common on these trucks? I lubed everything up hoping it’ll take care of it.

Started with some cheap aftermarket pads but fitment was terrible so ended up going OEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom