What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brought home a younger brother:):

View attachment 1787220

So you have a built 80, a built 100, and you're not going to build the 200.. Hmm - I have a hard time believing that.

Once you sell the 80 you'll explain to your wife that I'm using the $ from selling my other truck to pay for these mods.

Double dare - be the first to take out the 570 AHC for traditional suspension - you'll be famous!

So you have a built 80, a built 100, and you're not going to build the 200.. Hmm - I have a hard time believing that.

Once you sell the 80 you'll explain to your wife that I'm using the $ from selling my other truck to pay for these mods.

Double dare - be the first to take out the 570 AHC for traditional suspension - you'll be famous!
Nah, I’m actually selling the 80 to fund more mods for my 470. There’s so much more I want to do. The list is still a mile long!!!o_O

WeatherTech front mats and started designing the bumpers and rack.

J

IMG_20180913_142327714.jpg

More cosmetic fixes. Blacked out the rear emblems, swapped rear umbrella for TEQ badge, and covered door trim with 3M wrap in a digital Camo pattern. Definitely different, but not sure trim is a keeper?

Also finished all the PFRAN install. Finally did door bulbs and map lights. Found that red is not bright enough and used spares to replace license plate lights.

Ready for duck season!

5EABABEE-C11C-4CA2-BA17-FFC784F17201.jpeg

607F2619-9999-4F54-932D-8CE9F1808BF0.jpeg

9D3C4826-DDED-4441-BDCF-B2A5B2AA64AC.jpeg

573100E0-A023-4449-BF19-A76BC24F150E.jpeg

After the stock CD changer finally died at about the 446K mark. I really didn’t want to go aftermarket with the head unit. I knew the model number on the face is the key to different models amongst the automotive world. If the model numbers match you have a direct replacement.

So begun the search and I was able to get a nice unit with @112K or so out of a T4R off of eBay for about 60 bucks.

Got it replaced and funny thing is it sounds better than the old one, hahaha.

Then I HAD to have my CDs back so begins the tear down which (we are all good at right!) I knew I wasn’t going to keep the unit or try to have it repaired.

Some of those CDs are special to the wife and I!

Now everything works like normal and sounds better to boot.

14505721-3DED-4505-946B-E81EBF06E917.jpeg

C45D8764-2E90-473D-BEC7-FB87F70F326D.jpeg

After the stock CD changer finally died at about the 446K mark. I really didn’t want to go aftermarket with the head unit. I knew the model number on the face is the key to different models amongst the automotive world. If the model numbers match you have a direct replacement.

So begun the search and I was able to get a nice unit with @112K or so out of a T4R off of eBay for about 60 bucks.

Got it replaced and funny thing is it sounds better than the old one, hahaha.

Then I HAD to have my CDs back so begins the tear down which (we are all good at right!) I knew I wasn’t going to keep the unit or try to have it repaired.

Some of those CDs are special to the wife and I!

Now everything works like normal and sounds better to boot.

View attachment 1789903

View attachment 1789904

Top Gun soundtrack! Danger Zone for the win!!!!! I used to have that on vinyl.

170k spa day at Camelback Toyota. Fresh timing belt, H20 pump, radiator, alternator, and sway bar bushings. Then once home, extended front sway bar links(already had the rears) and Timbren bump stops. Should have done the links and bump stops years ago. The ride is worth the $.

I know this is not needed by many, but I like to spray paint the parts of the undercarriage where I would place a jack in an emergency - this time I used a spray can of "metalic gold" so I can find the spots when doing repairs in the dark/rain/snow/etc.. Doing this is most useful for cars like our Mazda with a unibody construction and only a few - hard to find - tabs where one is to use their scissor jack. The LC, with it's full frame, admittedly has many more places to lift.

View attachment 1789766
Took it up to Toquerville Falls, moving to Utah has it's advantages.
My son and I did a cross country trip to CA from KS and on the way back, it up that trail. Once you arrive and off to the left upstream a few hundred feet are some awesome camp spots. It was spectacular, maybe the highlight of the trip?

View attachment 1790159

IMG_1155.jpeg

IMG_1156.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom