October 2018 ROTM - Casner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm planning on camping and bringing at least my daughter, maybe the boy if gets time off.

Besure to say hi to the overhead APS 230kV powerlines that are on Mt. Casner. I hope to be joining the crew next year...

Those lines make it very difficult to fly a drone up the trail.

Those lines make it very difficult to fly a drone up the trail.
And please dont get caught flying a drone over, under or relatively near those power lines. The outcome will not be enjoyable to the pilot.
Food for thought...

ten spots, tough. I'll be looking forward to the Ghost run down south soon?
@Enrique Sonora The ten spots are just for the actual run up Casner #8, camping is still awesome and there are many other trails to explore up on the Rim. In addition, sometimes people have to drop out and/or you can always ride with someone in their truck.

hey guys I have to pull out so someone can grab my spot. hadn't realized until now that I had a conflict I had the other date wrong. Enjoy.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to attend. My rig is not going to be ready in time. Too many things to install in a short period of time.

I am most likely in for camping. Or, a ride along.

Place: Casner Mountain Trail #8
Dates: October 12-14, 2018
Meeting place: Safeway parking lot, Sedona
Time: 9:00AM Saturday the 13th
Depart: 9:30AM
Trails: 525, Casner #8, 231, and others
Stocker friendly: Yes, I drove a stock 100 with our expedition trailer up the trail without much problem.

Camping will be located on the north side of the rim, south of FR 231, at a camp site known as “The Edge of the World”. GPS coordinates for the camping area are 34.978315, -111.814385. Camping is both dog and kid friendly (as long as you watch them around the edge of the cliffs!)

Casner #8 is limited to 10 total vehicles. I plan on running the trip this time so that will be one slot taken. I will meet the drivers at Safeway on Saturday morning.

I will be going to go up on Friday morning to get our camping spot, and hopefully mark some trails. We will be camping two nights, Friday and Saturday. If anyone wants to come up Friday, they are more than welcome.

The lucky few:

1. @brices123 (not sure about the family)
2. @Saddletramp
3. @ARJMN
4. @Nifski
5. @wildling
6. @murf
7. @Living in the Past
8. @GBinAZ
9. @ProBro
10. @60Dorkle
11. @Mattman - Alternate
[S]@samtoddlee[/S] - Out
[S]@OffRoadScott[/S] - Out

Happy Campers:

1. @ftbshop
2. @Highway Romping
3. @Abigail
4. @Dissent (possibly with child or two)
5. @Pitch
6. @aztlctina

Any chance I could use one of your permits for Casner this weekend? No permits are available for 2018 :/ was hoping to get to end of the world, from sedona, this weekend

Any chance I could use one of your permits for Casner this weekend? No permits are available for 2018 :/ was hoping to get to end of the world, from sedona, this weekend
Sorry, it does not work that way.

Permits are only good for a given 7 day period. My permit is only good in October.
Good luck.

Sorry, it does not work that way.

Permits are only good for a given 7 day period. My permit is only good in October.
Good luck.
how long ago did you pick those up? Bummer that they are tough to get

how long ago did you pick those up? Bummer that they are tough to get
I applied in the spring.

Yes, they are difficult to get a come with certain restrictions. They only have 22 of them in a given year. You must have a least three vehicles and no more than ten. They don't give the actual permit out until the week before.

I applied in the spring.

Yes, they are difficult to get a come with certain restrictions. They only have 22 of them in a given year. You must have a least three vehicles and no more than ten. They don't give the actual permit out until the week before.

Is AZ turning into CA? Silliness.

I'd love to get in on this trip and do both the trail run and camping. Since #8 is full, I assume I can take 525 or 231 to get to the camp spot?

I'd love to get in on this trip and do both the trail run and camping. Since #8 is full, I assume I can take 525 or 231 to get to the camp spot?
Will be posting the maps and routes soon. But you are correct, 525 and 231.

I'm going to make this one damn it.. Hopefully I can get my front control arm, panhard bar bushings and TRE's done before then!

I'm going to make this one damn it.. Hopefully I can get my front control arm, panhard bar bushings and TRE's done before then!
We are holding you to it this time! :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom