2017 what have you done to your 4 x 4 lately? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I always feel like I’m waiting to the last minute to get ready for wheeling. I can always count on @kc_chevyota to make me feel better about procrastinating. A quick seal job is much better than rebuilding a rear end at the last minute.

900D9617-215A-4D03-A276-732ACDDBC43B.jpeg

B7EAE665-4AD6-4586-A895-C0A6FEEB3214.jpeg

Got some new shoes on MamaHalz car. Need to put some spacers on it... @milemarker60 - how would you determine what size to put on?

040bcf3a-dbb7-4924-ac94-471a5b99a29b-jpeg.1777695

f58fdc1d-f734-4fad-b991-ab35e59f341a-jpeg.1777694

@2fpower I've had good luck with the SpiderTrax (1.25" is all they sell I think) and Bora brand spacers over the years. I personally like the tires flush with the fender lips or ever so slightly proud so just measure off a plumb line and see what you need. I always seem to have to trim a bit of plastic somewhere along the line when I push them out. Regardless of what you buy you're going to need hubcentric ones that bolt on and have new studs for the wheel to mount based on your pic. Plenty of stories with people that have had problems but I've yet to experience any. I do re-torque the spacers at every oil change/tire rotate.

Nice which motor did you go with? Hutchison beadlocks? Or lookalikes

Nice which motor did you go with? Hutchison beadlocks? Or lookalikes

So, your looking at an 80 series frame, streatched 7" with the 45 tub on it. Not getting the truck bed: however, already have one.

Coming with 2uz from 4runner 160k miles, 4 speed auto tranny and transfer from 100 series and harness from 2wd tundra.

Wheel/tires did not come with the package.. those are to get another day.

So, your looking at an 80 series frame, streatched 7" with the 45 tub on it. Not getting the truck bed: however, already have one.

Coming with 2uz from 4runner 160k miles, 4 speed auto tranny and transfer from 100 series and harness from 2wd tundra.

Wheel/tires did not come with the package.. those are to get another day.

Not doing the 1FZ anymore ?

Not doing the 1FZ anymore ?

Yeah, been talking with a large group in Australia that have done this conversion and all of them found that you have to move the engine forward about 5" so the front fenders sit right in proportion to the wheel, thus cab sits forward toward the engine bay about 5". Engine bay needs to give up 5" of space and 1fz just does not work, unless you move the radiator to the bed like project x did. @Waggoner5 epic build thread.

I was planning on doing a SBC, however, this 2uz option came up and sounds like a huge PIA, but will be pretty cool if/when it works.

The one thing I am currently giving up that I have mixed feeling about was retaining my heat/ac/defrost functions using the firewall from an 80- series grafted to the 40. Will see what I do on this.

Hmmmm. that is a pretty interesting build.. You know how to find me when you want ideas on HVAC in a small package.

Hmmmm. that is a pretty interesting build.. You know how to find me when you want ideas on HVAC in a small package.

So I do have a question for you. I have my choice of windshield frame with flip up vent or without. I assume I want the one with the vent.

SO.. Yes.. Flip up vent on bottom is cooler (style points) and should have the provision for the hard top clips. Without would have better wiper motor with the wipers that will go together instead of a random pattern but wipers are for sissys.. Get the cool style. I can set you up with new wipers, the flip vent takes independent wiper motors. (NLA from Toyota) but i know a way around that.. Now you are in my ballpark again. at least body parts wise. when you get it we can do a walk around and i will give you a parts list to go fetch.

SO.. Yes.. Flip up vent on bottom is cooler (style points) and should have the provision for the hard top clips. Without would have better wiper motor with the wipers that will go together instead of a random pattern but wipers are for sissys.. Get the cool style. I can set you up with new wipers, the flip vent takes independent wiper motors. (NLA from Toyota) but i know a way around that.. Now you are in my ballpark again. at least body parts wise. when you get it we can do a walk around and i will give you a parts list to go fetch.
I plan on starting this after FOO is back rolling, so just wanted to give you fair warning.... If I am wheeling this before yours hits the trails, you will have to wear a Too-Too on the next wheeling weekend.

702686899_tp.jpg

I've got a part coming to assist in my puzzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom