Ecu flashing and key cutting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mauser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hello. After quite a bit of headache trying to get keys made for my 1998 LX470 that only came with a valet key I am able to reprogram the immobilizers to acccept new keys.

I called around Albuquerque and found one guy who said he could do it, we planned to meet the next day so he could flash my ecu for $165. The guy wouldnt answer my calls after that.

Now as repayment to this site for all the help I've got here and a big FU to the local dude that wouldnt answer my phone calls and to the people that are charging close to 200 to flash one I am offering this service for free. I have pre programmed chips available for those who are not afraid of soldering one on. I will flash your ecu if you bring it to me, or you are welcome to come to me and use my equipment to do it yourself. This is for 1998-2002.

This is an extremely easy job.

For anything made after I think 2003 the ecu can be flashed with Techstream, you just need a passcode. I can do that as well. I just charge $6 for the passcode because that is what they cost me.

I also didnt like the idea of paying $35 each just to have the key blanks I supplied cut so I bought a duplicator. I will copy laser cut keys free if you have your own blanks. Let me know if I can help.

Holy s*** dude, you have a duplicator and the knowledge. I like the way you think :hillbilly:

Awesome! I don't have any vehicles of that vintage, but I will keep that in mind for the future. Thanks for your offer to help.

Holy s*** dude, you have a duplicator and the knowledge. I like the way you think :hillbilly:

Its pretty easy stuff. The duplicator I have isnt anything fancy, just a little manual machine. It gets the job done, and paid for itself cutting keys for the 3 Lexus cars we have. I really like tools.

Its pretty easy stuff. The duplicator I have isnt anything fancy, just a little manual machine. It gets the job done, and paid for itself cutting keys for the 3 Lexus cars we have. I really like tools.

I'm thinking a demo is in order at our next breakfast meeting ;)

I'm thinking a demo is in order at our next breakfast meeting ;)

I'd like to go. When is it? I've got to make plans before somebody makes some for me.

I'd like to go. When is it? I've got to make plans before somebody makes some for me.
Usually the third Saturday morning of the month at the Daily Grind next door to Calibers.

Can you program a key for a 2005 GX470?
Hello. After quite a bit of headache trying to get keys made for my 1998 LX470 that only came with a valet key I am able to reprogram the immobilizers to acccept new keys.

I called around Albuquerque and found one guy who said he could do it, we planned to meet the next day so he could flash my ecu for $165. The guy wouldnt answer my calls after that.

Now as repayment to this site for all the help I've got here and a big FU to the local dude that wouldnt answer my phone calls and to the people that are charging close to 200 to flash one I am offering this service for free. I have pre programmed chips available for those who are not afraid of soldering one on. I will flash your ecu if you bring it to me, or you are welcome to come to me and use my equipment to do it yourself. This is for 1998-2002.

This is an extremely easy job.

For anything made after I think 2003 the ecu can be flashed with Techstream, you just need a passcode. I can do that as well. I just charge $6 for the passcode because that is what they cost me.

I also didnt like the idea of paying $35 each just to have the key blanks I supplied cut so I bought a duplicator. I will copy laser cut keys free if you have your own blanks. Let me know if I can help.

Can you program a key for a 2005 GX470?

Yes. If it has the correct transponder chip. I tried one last week from 1010 keys and it wouldn't program. I am pretty sure it was the wrong chip, I have read about a lot of problems programming their keys in the GX. My wife's is a 2005 and I had no problem reseeding the ecu and programming keys for it. Do you have a key already? I would be happy to give it a try.

Is this only a Lexus thing? I don't think my 4Runner has them fancy chip key deals!

Is this only a Lexus thing? I don't think my 4Runner has them fancy chip key deals!

No, the 100 series has the same thing. I think it depends on the year of 4Runner. I think maybe started in 2003. I am planning on going to the breakfast Saturday. I can bring my laptop.

I currently do have a key but I do not believe that is a master key. Are you available this weekend?

Yes. If it has the correct transponder chip. I tried one last week from 1010 keys and it wouldn't program. I am pretty sure it was the wrong chip, I have read about a lot of problems programming their keys in the GX. My wife's is a 2005 and I had no problem reseeding the ecu and programming keys for it. Do you have a key already? I would be happy to give it a try.

Virgil,
I just bought an '05 4Runner. I have one key (which I hope is a master) and no remote fobs. I'd like to make at least 2 more keys that work for it and eventually get a couple of aftermarket remote fobs. Does the equipment you have take care of just the keys with chips or can it help program the remotes as well. I know there are some manual programming procedures that involve putting the key in the ignition a few time, opening the driver door 47 times, stepping on the brake pedal 103 time, while making sure all of this is done in a 12-second time window. If I buy some key blanks with chips, it sounds like you can duplicate them and program the ECU to work with those chipped keys, correct? Any suggestions on where to get the key blanks from?

Hey Marc. I am not positive, but it does help for programmimg the remotes on my wife's 05 GX so I think it will work on your 4Runner.
We can program new keys to it for sure. The instructions for my machine say that it can copy that kind of key, but I have only done the "laser" cut keys with it. Even if you dont hav0e a master key we can still program keys. It just takes about 20 minutes longer. That year the ecu can be reprogrammed.

I get blanks on Amazon. I have a couple of fobs that didnt work with my wifes that we can try on yours. I'm not too sure how to cut the Toyota keys so you might be better off having them cut somewhere, but programming is no problem. I'll see what I can learn about the Toyota keys tonight. I'll message you my phone number here in a little while. Been on the road all day got some stuff to do real quick.

Sounds great. I appreciate you giving it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom