Ironman Nitro 2" Lift Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had any experience with the Ironman Nitro 2" lift kits on the 100 series? Or possibly point me to the direction of a review. I've searched but so far only seem to find reviews of the Foam Cell Pro versions or the Nitro's on the 80 series.

I'm thinking of installing the Ironman Nitros or the OME 2" medium duty suspension, but haven't narrowed it down yet. I've found tons of reviews for the OME's but almost nothing for the Ironman's.

I have seen some good reviews on the Iron Man lift, but can't remember specifically which thread it was on.

Have you considered the Tough Dog? I can give you a raving review on it! It's awesome!

I would agree with @Peabody the TD kit gets you foam cell shocks at alot better price than the foam cell pro from Ironman.

I do know what you mean. There isn't much info out there on the ironman gas shocks, everyone talks about the foam cells.

upload_2018-8-22_16-11-33.png

few hits there.

You mean like these?

6C84A92C-495F-4815-9A87-7424EDC14F75.jpeg

I put about 10k on these before I changed to Foam Cell Pros and Tough Dog adjustables. What would you like to know?

I have seen some good reviews on the Iron Man lift, but can't remember specifically which thread it was on.

Have you considered the Tough Dog? I can give you a raving review on it! It's awesome!
I have, I'm doing a little more research on pro foam shocks as well. I checked trail tailor's site and it seems like they're out of stock. I didn't see a notice of when they will have fresh inventory.

I have, I'm doing a little more research on pro foam shocks as well. I checked trail tailor's site and it seems like they're out of stock. I didn't see a notice of when they will have fresh inventory.

Air freight arrived today. I have everything currently in stock.But it's going quick. Next air order is about 8 days out, for a re-up of 100 systems.

Jason

I put these on when I first took out my AHC. At that point I was running OME TBs and 860s. I was running 295/75/16 KO2s on SCS wheels and that was it. No additional weight. I was very happy with the shocks and that setup.

Later on I started adding weight(Rack, RTT, Deawers, fridge, etc) and so I moved to 863s in the back. Once I started down that road I never could really get things to my liking with those shocks.

That being said I think they are pretty good for a stock weight rig or maybe a rig with drawers and rack with the correct springs. I think correct springs are crucial, you definitely don’t want to be “over-sprung” with these shocks. I also wouldn’t say they are the shocks to go with if you plan to build your rig with bumpers. I don’t think they would grow well with the build.

Oh, btw, @reevesci is the guy that saved me when I was pulling all of my hair out trying to figure out how to fix my setup. He’s great and his products are great. Awesome customer service.

I’ve still got to get a set of 53mm fronts from him when they’re back in stock. I’m definitely looking forward to that.

I put these on when I first took out my AHC. At that point I was running OME TBs and 860s. I was running 295/75/16 KO2s on SCS wheels and that was it. No additional weight. I was very happy with the shocks and that setup.

Later on I started adding weight(Rack, RTT, Deawers, fridge, etc) and so I moved to 863s in the back. Once I started down that road I never could really get things to my liking with those shocks.

That being said I think they are pretty good for a stock weight rig or maybe a rig with drawers and rack with the correct springs. I think correct springs are crucial, you definitely don’t want to be “over-sprung” with these shocks. I also wouldn’t say they are the shocks to go with if you plan to build your rig with bumpers. I don’t think they would grow well with the build.

Great, thank you for the input! Your previous setup is basically all I'm doing with my rig, stock with a couple accessories. I don't wheel it hard and I'm just looking for a replacement for the AHC setup. I might move to better suspension down the road, but I really do not plan on building my rig to that capacity.

Air freight arrived today. I have everything currently in stock.But it's going quick. Next air order is about 8 days out, for a re-up of 100 systems.

Jason

Jason, thank you for the update. If I ever decide on pro foam shocks, I'll go to you. Thanks!

Jason, thank you for the update. If I ever decide on pro foam shocks, I'll go to you. Thanks!

Buy once, cry once. Get the ToughDogs right out of the gate and call it a day. Even if you go with just the 41mm front/rear, you'll be totally stoked. @reevesci is the man when it comes to helping identify what setup will best match your needs.

Honestly, when my AHC went out I wanted ToughDogs but everything was out of stock. I get that they are popular and I wanted to give them a go. But I couldn't have my Cruiser down for the 6 week wait time. I might upgrade the rears at some point but to be honest I am happy with OME. Some don't like them and other swear by them. To me they are tried and true. Reliable as ever.

I'm currently running this set up. I honestly don't have any complaints. The rear springs are a constant load (200kg) which for me might be over a little over sprung. But I do plan to add a little bit more weight shortly. As far as dampening, I have nothing particular to speak about it. Works good and replaced my AHC system. Just as @Knowbuddy mentioned, I'm sure I'll be replacing the shocks in the future to the adjustable rears. But thats when I'm done spending money else where. For now they will do just fine.

Just remember it's all personal. One man's overly stiff is another's pleasurable ride.

Luis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom