What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

653 Baby... :)

And for the Grand Slam - - Olive rocks!

Retored a windshield frame on the side, for quick swap, but after paint stripping and fixing a few things realized my new frame had these odd holes on side...
They are not rust holes...anybody know what they could be for?
Guess I gotta weld ‘em up...
28C771EC-554C-4988-A42F-CE5738A5FC5C.jpeg

Retored a windshield frame on the side, for quick swap, but after paint stripping and fixing a few things realized my new frame had these odd holes on side...
They are not rust holes...anybody know what they could be for?
Possibly holes for snaps for an aftermarket soft door. Both my windshield frame and the tub had those down both sides, the snaps were still there when I bought it.

What plug-in module and software are you using there?

Using a Megasquirt 1 V2.2 Extra Code. Fuel only at the moment.

Software is TunerStudioMS.

My VE table is pretty dialed. At this stage just looking to lean out some of the cruising zones. Will have to change it a little when I add a catalytic converters and figure out how to retrofit a charcoal canister.

If you got any other questions about the install let me know

Possibly holes for snaps for an aftermarket soft door. Both my windshield frame and the tub had those down both sides, the snaps were still there when I bought it.

Yup. That was the old Kayline setup. A large hole in the top lip at the front of the rocker panel as well. Eliminated the stock hinges completely.

Yup. That was the old Kayline setup. A large hole in the top lip at the front of the rocker panel as well. Eliminated the stock hinges completely.
Indeed. Which was probably why a.) my rig came to me with no body-side door hinges; and b.) the mostly rust-free tub had rust in the rockers, but not the floor or rear sill. Water apparently ran right into the area between the inner and outer rocker panels through that large hole. A really poor idea.

Sold my Kayline top a few years ago......

Rear seal on intake manifold has been leaking so in the process of fixing.
The rebuild has about 70K on it and was pleased how clean the galley is.
Might take a picture before I button it up tomorrow.
I am vacillating on using the rubber gaskets on the front and back of the manifold or running a bead of the tube sealer everyone seams to use now days.

Indeed. Which was probably why a.) my rig came to me with no body-side door hinges; and b.) the mostly rust-free tub had rust in the rockers, but not the floor or rear sill. Water apparently ran right into the area between the inner and outer rocker panels through that large hole. A really poor idea.

Thx guys! Out comes the MIG :)

Buckeyes.

Potholes big enough to eat a Prius, never ending road construction, and rust.

“Buckeyes” with you brother! My next door neighbor is actually a nice guy but this is what I see everyday......
D2D29616-EC42-46AD-B486-131709501551.jpeg

Geeesh o_O

0661FB26-BC42-429C-9B09-CB3EB4CDF6D1.jpeg
C7621E95-921C-4F79-937A-89A78AFEF45B.png
Just had a separate HVAC unit installed for my rig’s shop. 82 degree today in San Diego and 70 degrees in my shop (my shop is not insulated but hey, my home was built in 1936). Anyway, now my man cave has AC just like rest of house. My 40 loves it because he knows I love it

FA0E02C0-7994-449F-A86C-0C448EEB3AAD.png

I rebuilt the front axle on my 1976 FJ40. I used the Front Axle Service Kit from Marlin Crawler, very happy with the quality of the kit. It took my cousin and I a couple days to get it done. Started with the driver side, nothing really alarming other than the gear oil leaking. The passenger side was more filthy and a little worse off, but still in fairly good shape. Thanks to the guys who have posted on this before, the search function was a great tool. Matt over there at Sun Rise Mechanical, Georg at Valley Hybrids (used the inner seal install tooL), thanks guys for taking a minute to talk to me about the process.

6BC2EFD8-C286-4845-BF45-2B227B0A492E.jpeg

7780254D-2C91-42DD-AAD5-15D861D29D62.jpeg

72453F95-B624-4396-B60B-A5D53E6B6E6F.jpeg

Body work done on the floor, hump and gas tank cover. Sprayed the epoxy primer tonight and color goes on tomorrow afternoon as soon as I can sneak out of work. Looks really, really good so far. Getting pretty excited to see how it looks in Freeborn Red. I should have the interior buttoned up by the weekend. It's about damn time.

IMG_7036.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom