replace quarter rear window moulding/trim/channel replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi y'all.

I'm in the process of replacing window moulding (or belt weather channels or mouldings)
i found plenty of info on front and rear windows, but not much on the rear quarter... they looked a bit more complicate than anticipated so decided to look for support before start breaking stuff.

The part numbers i got:

Part No.: 75660-60070
Part No.: 75670-60070

2006 lexus gx 470

thanks for any info

The part numbers i got:

Those are the same rear quarter panel molding part numbers that I found (Lexus OEM chrome) when I was looking at replacements for my 2008.

I'm surprised that nobody had any comments on this since the window molding on the GX470 seems to be pretty weak.

I was looking at options from Toyota instead of Lexus since they're black and about 1/2 the cost of the ones from Lexus. I THINK the Toyota part numbers for the 4 pieces that go on the doors are the same numbers as the corresponding Lexus parts.

75711-60080 Front Right window molding
75712-60080 Front Left window molding
75721-60080 Rear Right window molding
75722-60080 Rear Left window molding

Has anyone bought the Toyota versions of these parts and put them on a GX470?

Can anyone confirm if the Toyota versions are black instead of chrome?

The part numbers i got:

Those are the same rear quarter panel molding part numbers that I found (Lexus OEM chrome) when I was looking at replacements for my 2008.

I'm surprised that nobody had any comments on this since the window molding on the GX470 seems to be pretty weak.

I was looking at options from Toyota instead of Lexus since they're black and about 1/2 the cost of the ones from Lexus. I THINK the Toyota part numbers for the 4 pieces that go on the doors are the same numbers as the corresponding Lexus parts.

The part numbers i got:

Bump - looking for the "Run" seals for the side windows and the vertical black moulding that separates the front and rear doors..

Lexus gave me these part numbers and prices for a 2006 GX470:

68141-60050 RUN, FR DOOR G $128.29 rubber between door sill and glass
68151-60040 RUN, FR DOOR G $128.29
68142-60050 RUN, RR DOOR G $128.29
68152-60040 RUN, RR DOOR G $128.29

75755-60030 MOULDING FR D $78.93 moulding between rear of front door and passenger door
75756-60030 MOULDING FR D $78.93
75761-60030 MOULDING RR D $78.93
75762-60030 MOULDING RR D $78.93

I just ordered the Lexus chrome ones....my prado ones needed replacing. (yes, they are black.....or were, they's faded to dark gray and the rubber weatherstripping portion is falling apart)

Replaced my rotting OEM chrome trim with the black Prado trim last night, front and rear doors were easy but I have absolutely no idea how to tackle these quarter window pieces. I watched @HomersCanyonero YouTube video in his build thread but still don't know where to start or how to get these interior pieces loose without breaking something. Someone mentioned to pull back the weather stripping, but mine appears to be glued to the pillar. Someone else said they just popped it off from the outside, but if you do that I have no idea how you'd clip in the end.

I was thinking about changing my chrome trim to black until I saw this youtube vid and thought......hmmm maybe not. Too much work!

Looks like you need to remove all of the rear interior plastics to move the window forward for clearance.

I was thinking about changing my chrome trim to black until I saw this youtube vid and thought......hmmm maybe not. Too much work!

Looks like you need to remove all of the rear interior plastics to move the window forward for clearance.

Yeah, that's the video I linked above. Everyone on GXOR is saying you can pop it off with the window open without removing the screw, but I guess if you do that then you just can't clip it in on the end?

Yeah, you can break the tab on the new moulding since you wouldn’t clip it.

Last edited:
If you want to pop the window out a little to get to the moulding clip/tab, you start from the inside and loosen the interior panel under the window to get to a nut that holdS the screw that’s integrated to the quarter window.

Replaced my rotting OEM chrome trim with the black Prado trim last night, front and rear doors were easy but I have absolutely no idea how to tackle these quarter window pieces. I watched @HomersCanyonero YouTube video in his build thread but still don't know where to start or how to get these interior pieces loose without breaking something. Someone mentioned to pull back the weather stripping, but mine appears to be glued to the pillar. Someone else said they just popped it off from the outside, but if you do that I have no idea how you'd clip in the end.
Where is the best place to order the black trim?

I just uploaded another video I had sitting around my laptop that shows how involved it is to loosen the nut that holds the quarter window in place. You need to do this to remove the clip that holds the moulding tab to the metal sheet.

When I purchased my mouldings a couple years ago, I found good prices at MegaZip.net

Here's a link with other vendors that I was collecting at that time

I just uploaded another video I had sitting around my laptop that shows how involved it is to loosen the nut that holds the quarter window in place. You need to do this to remove the clip that holds the moulding tab to the metal sheet.

This video was very helpful, finally tackled it last night but couldn't find the nut at first since it's hidden back there. Ended up braking the clip on the old trim then installing the new trim without the clip. You don't happen to know the part number for that stupid clip do you? I tried searching on My Lexus Parts but it only lists the trim piece and not the clip.

I had a few clips in a couple of sizes that are meant for the engine bay covers. I used one of those clips since my original quarter panel clip broke off.

I just can’t remember the actual size. Try taking a clip from the engine bay covers and using it to see if it fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom