New headlights, not by choice...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So while trying to install my LED headlight bulbs tonight the tab broke that holds the metal retaining clip. My cost through my old shop on just the passenger side assembly is $175. So I ordered some off of Amazon for $160 for the whole set with side markers, they should be here Friday. There is a small change I won't install them if I can get the retaining clip to stay in place tomorrow when I take the whole housing out to see if I can fix it.

Anyone else have these on their first gen?

blk hl.jpg

So while I'm new to the Sequoia game (as of today), the vehicle I just purchased came with LED bulbs in the factory reflector housings. The light output is very nice but scattered. I will say I had ~2 cars in the short drive flash their brights at me. Just something to consider when going LED and not so much an answer to what you were originally asking. I'm trying to find a projector solution that will actually give a decent beam cut off.

Last edited:
I bought the Amazon set for about that, but mine were the non-black ones and came with bulbs. It may be the same supplier, but I'm not sure. I think mine came in boxes marked as Angel Eyes or something similar. The fit for the headlights is fine, but the corner lights sit just a tad proud of the headlight. It's not a big deal and you'd never know it unless you run your fingers across the gap. Overall I've been extremely happy with them, especially for the price. Made the front end look much, much newer too even after polishing the old ones.

So while trying to install my LED headlight bulbs tonight the tab broke that holds the metal retaining clip. My cost through my old shop on just the passenger side assembly is $175. So I ordered some off of Amazon for $160 for the whole set with side markers, they should be here Friday. There is a small change I won't install them if I can get the retaining clip to stay in place tomorrow when I take the whole housing out to see if I can fix it.

Anyone else have these on their first gen?

View attachment 1772323
Did you ever order and install?

Did you ever order and install?
To me it looks like the clear plastic lens cover is replaceable. It has a few really small torx screws in to back and some stainless clips on the edge. This is on the stock OEM one that is.
Anyone know if it's possible and where to buy them?
Thanks,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom