In-cabin filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I have a 2017 LX570 and was wondering about the In-cabin filter. I was told by the dealership that there is a cabin air filter and an air conditioner filter. I thought the two are the same are they not? Can someone explain to me the difference if there are any?

Thanks

In cabin filter, filters the air that comes into the truck. It is located inside/behind your glove compartment. Try searching here about replacing it. The vent has to be open when you change the filter. There are a few people here including myself with a broken in cabin filter cover. I can't prove the dealer broke it but I didn't break it.

Thanks for the reply, but I was wondering if there is an extra "air conditioner" filter which is different from the in-cabin filter that the dealer mentioned.

Check your owner's manual. Mine lists 2 filter modes; a "micro dust and pollen filter" mode and an "air conditioning filter" mode (pages 382-382). The air conditioning filter is the mechanical one that you can replace behind the glove box (but only in recirc mode). The operation of the micro dust and pollen filter makes me think it's an electrostatic (?) filter that you can turn on for a few minutes at a time. I haven't looked into it any further, so others may know more.

Last edited:
I checked the manual and it only has one "air conditioner" filter. It didn't state anything about a second filter or in-cabin filter so I believe they are the same. It's funny though, I went Lexus parts online and noticed there are two filters (one for air conditioner, one for in-cabin) in the parts diagram. But I think it has only one filter to change.

Thanks to all that replied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom