FJ60 Is getting a new transplant.... (LQ4 w/ 4L80E) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello.

After my search for an already swapped FJ, I decided to do my build. This way I can get everything I want and have the components that I want.

Don't have too many updates as the build is underway, and I am not the one doing the work, but here is the situation and current items going in during my FJ60 surgery:

- LQ4 6.0L V8 Engine from a 04 Chevy 2500 w/ 4L80E (4x4 trans) - around 89K Miles
-- new water pump, belts, pulleys, gaskets, main seal, maf sensor, plugs, wires, o2 sensors, throttle body, fan clutch
- AA Adapter for 4L80E to Toyota TCase
- Rebuilding Input Shafts and Transfer Case
- Rebuilding Both front and rear axles
- C6 ZR1 Exhaust Manifolds and cats (will be seeing if we can fit this in). Custom exhaust is TBD
- Speedhut custom gauges
- New body bushings after frame gets media blasted and cleaned
- Lokar Shifter for the new trans
- 32x11.50x15 Falken AT3W Tires
- OME Dakkar Lift 2.5" (Light/Medium)
- Rear Sway Bar
- FJ62 Fuel Tank
- Tanks Inc (in-tank) Fuel Pump
- Tanks Inc Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Summit Racing PTFE lines
- New Radio
- Modified Champion Radiator
- Trans Cooler
- and other things I am sure I am forgetting

We are just starting this build. So I may do updates here and there as it progresses. Since I am not the one doing the work, I may not be able to answer many technical questions so bear with me :) :popcorn:

Subscribed. I’m planning on a vortec swap myself, was hoping for this winter, but at this point it’s looking like next winter. Should be nice when it’s done!

Subscribed. Especially interested because you're nearby. Who's doing the work?

Check out the CLCC forum

It’s done!

1B9377D4-4D1B-49C2-90D4-47954BA3530C.jpeg

846AA2CF-05E3-47AC-AAA6-E5CC8417D9A1.jpeg

25A2BB5F-24A6-4C4D-835B-2192A83C3975.jpeg

00FC0702-C8E2-4B9A-8FEA-48C349500E88.jpeg

B5D8D985-CBEE-48AD-B0F2-EBF296DD872E.jpeg

By the way, we ended up going with an LQ9 from BD Turnkey Engines out of Utah. They tuned it specific to our transmission and other needs.

Some other upgrades not listed include:
- 2012 Toyota Tundra TRD Power front seats (these are awesome)
- Newer wheels to mount the new tires (stock wheels were too narrow)
- Custom stainless steel exhaust with hooker short LS Headers
- Custom intake using an FJ62 cleaner housing
- New Front brakes
- Rebuilt rear brakes
- Custom driveshafts
- Custom transfer case adapters
- and much more...

There was LOTS of custom work done on all aspects. Not much was just "plug-and-play". The underside looks as good as the engine does, everything is either brand new or complete overhauled.

So far I have enjoyed every bit of it!

If you're interested in who did the work, please message me and I will pass on the info.

By the way, I am interested in hearing those that have kept their FJ60 tank or used an FJ62 tank with a different in-tank pump (like we did), and how you did the venting. Please let me know.

What was required to fit the Tundra seats?
Was quite a bit of work. Had to cut off all the factory brackets off the seats modify the rear part of the seat channel weld that back up fabricate new front mounts weld them on along with a bunch of measuring they definitely don't go right in and for the seats wiring a bussman water proof fuse panel was added so no extra strain on any of the factory wiring. HTH

By the way, we ended up going with an LQ9 from BD Turnkey Engines out of Utah. They tuned it specific to our transmission and other needs.

Some other upgrades not listed include:
- 2012 Toyota Tundra TRD Power front seats (these are awesome)
- Newer wheels to mount the new tires (stock wheels were too narrow)
- Custom stainless steel exhaust with hooker short LS Headers
- Custom intake using an FJ62 cleaner housing
- New Front brakes
- Rebuilt rear brakes
- Custom driveshafts
- Custom transfer case adapters
- and much more...

There was LOTS of custom work done on all aspects. Not much was just "plug-and-play". The underside looks as good as the engine does, everything is either brand new or complete overhauled.

So far I have enjoyed every bit of it!

If you're interested in who did the work, please message me and I will pass on the info.

additional thumbs up to BD Turnkey. They supplied my motor for my Golden Eagle Cherokee years back. Great people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom