Body panel replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My FJ40 needs body panel replacement due to cancer. I am thinking of purchasing the body panels from Cool Cruiser of Texas. Anyone purchase body panels from them? Reviews???...

Thanks in advance for your comments / reviews.

I got mine 10 years ago. They are exact. Completely satisfied, rebuilt the entire rear tub. I had to make
outer skins as they weren't available. I have no trouble recommending them.

I've been happy with their panels. I bought about half of mine from Cool Cruisers and the other half from Real Steel. All of the panels I've bought require a bit of tweaking to get just right though. So keep your expectations reasonable and you'll be happy!

The front fenders that are 'out there' have gotten better, but don't expect perfect fit on any panels from anyone.

I bought several body panels from vendors. I think my fenders came from CCOT. Seemed fine. As others have said, they will need some tweaking and may have some small differences than your original depending on the year. For example my washer bottle mounted different.

Thanks for the comments. Yes...
I've been happy with their panels. I bought about half of mine from Cool Cruisers and the other half from Real Steel. All of the panels I've bought require a bit of tweaking to get just right though. So keep your expectations reasonable and you'll be happy!
reasonable expectations.

I have a passenger side quarter panel from CCOT that I’m not using if you need one. Would love to sell, am local, so you would save freight too. LMK

I did my quarters from CCOT and wheel wells too. Very pleased with the fit and finish of them, but you will be doing some adjustments.
Even a factory panel needs a little massaging here and there which is par for the course in body work.;)
IMG_1543.JPG

When you get quarters make sure they are for your year as soon as they arrive....dont wait until you are ready to paint and unwrap them only to find out the gas filler is the wrong year. It could put your project on hold for several weeks until they get in some more quarters. Trust me.

When you get quarters make sure they are for your year as soon as they arrive....dont wait until you are ready to paint and unwrap them only to find out the gas filler is the wrong year. It could put your project on hold for several weeks until they get in some more quarters. Trust me.
May I have an AMEN!!?? No truer words spoken...:doh:

Any experience with rockers? Are they usually a good fit or need lots of modification...compared to the other body parts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom