Best place to restore an '81 BJ42? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everybody,

I live in Vegas and just bought a 1981 BJ42. It's a truck that was manufactured for the Canadian market and I'll be importing and shipping it back to Vegas in a few weeks. I'm looking to restore it and was looking for advice on the best place to have it restored. I'm not wanting to go showroom condition but I do want to have it stripped down, all rust repaired, frame and body repainted, new interior and have the 3B cleaned up and tuned up. I have the budget for it and just want to send it to people who will do a good job. I've already talked to the Cruiser Solutions people in New Hampshire but I'd prefer somebody local or nearby like L.A. if I can get the same level of service.

Thanks!

Maybe check out specter off-road in LA area... I know there are a couple there but can't think of their names off the top of my head.

Hi everybody,

I live in Vegas and just bought a 1981 BJ42. It's a truck that was manufactured for the Canadian market and I'll be importing and shipping it back to Vegas in a few weeks. I'm looking to restore it and was looking for advice on the best place to have it restored. I'm not wanting to go showroom condition but I do want to have it stripped down, all rust repaired, frame and body repainted, new interior and have the 3B cleaned up and tuned up. I have the budget for it and just want to send it to people who will do a good job. I've already talked to the Cruiser Solutions people in New Hampshire but I'd prefer somebody local or nearby like L.A. if I can get the same level of service.

Thanks!

If you don't mind me asking, Where did you find the bj42?

Here on the classifieds actually.

I bought this truck: For Sale - 1981 bj42 3b diesel CDN

It turned out to be a solid truck and will be a great restoration project. I think I'll document the before and after here for everybody to follow along.

I 2nd Man-a-Fre, I work right next to them and I have seen lots of really nice cruisers parked out front!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom