2018 FJ45 Run Sourgrass Trail CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

orangefj45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
2018 FJ-45 Run August 31st thru Sept 3rd

It's about time I started a thread about this years event .......

As usual this is a "no sign-ups", "no registration" "no entry fee" type of event. just show up, bring enough food, camping gear and clothes and relax.

Just like in the past years, the event will be held at Sourgrass trail, which is located off boards crossing road just south of the town of Dorrington on HWY4 in northern CA. Directions are pretty simple:
find highway 99, then get onto HWY4 east. Follow that for a couple of hours till you get to the small town of Dorrington. *don't blink, you'll miss it*. Take a right on boards crossing road and follow that for about 5 or 6 miles; that will bring you down the side of a mountain and eventually to a bridge over a river at the bottom. Cross the bridge and take a left into the parking/picnic area. There you'll see a sign for the trail, hard to miss. Take that trail to the very end, it's about 3 miles. You will need 4wd and there are a couple of spots where you'll have to pick a decent line to make it thru without having to back up. I have driven my bone stock and pristine 84 HJ47 troopie all the way in there without a scratch and without having to back up. Try to come in with another vehicle if possible just in case.
There is no organized camping, just find a suitable spot. The camping area is plenty big and there are tons of shady spots due to the large and plentiful trees covering that part of the valley. We will be camped right next to the river. It's a beautiful spot and one of my favorites. Just make sure you keep an eye on your kids. The river runs pretty good, even late in the season. This year we had a lot less rain and snow than usual so the mosquitoes shouldn't be bad. But bring some bug spray just in case.
As always, there will be two raffles. one for prizes ( you get one and only one ticket as long as you drive a cruiser to the event ) and a cash raffle; the later costs $10 per ticket. So buy as many tickets as you want. We will draw one winning ticket which gets half the cash in the pot. The other half goes to the "Friends of the Rubicon". So far we've donated about $10k all together.
Raffle prizes?! I've been working on them.....and sent out pms, emails and phone calls to a lot of my suppliers and distributors. Prizes are trickling ....
It's become somewhat customary for participants to bring a raffle prize. It can be anything and I mean ANYTHING. We've had things ranging from tools to pocket knives to amazing quilts, pillows, blankets, on-board welder and everything in between.
If you are bringing dogs, please remember there are other people here. If your dogs bark please camp away from others and be respectful to everyone else attending this event.

Feel free to ask questions, I know I left a bunch of info out.

All rigs are welcome, you don't have to show up in an FJ45, any cruiser is welcome. And we’ll even make exceptions for non-cruisers.

Hope to see you there!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Raffle prizes are rolling in!!!!

Thanks to all our supporting vendors and friends including @beno!!!!!

Raffle prizes are rolling in!!!!

Thanks to all our supporting vendors and friends including @beno!!!!!

Always happy to contribute what I can to @orangefj45 and his great 45 Run. I wish I could be there this year. I hope to make it out some day soon.

Have a blast!

My oldest & I are going to make it this year, it will be our 1st time for the both of us.
Really looking forward to meeting you all.

Last edited:
We'll be missing it this year. First one in a long time.

:crybaby:

Wendy and Ginger will be making the trip this year. Looking forward to just relaxing

n.jpg

Just in case you haven’t done this yet, here is the link for a permit if you choose to use a propane stove.

Permits

Thanks for posting that Ken!!!

B29CD370-7FED-4471-945E-6724EEF7AB87.jpeg
Also ....

Something new for this year:

RC Car rock crawling Comp!!!!
Since this will be our first year we will keep it simple and just run 2 classes; stock and modified. So brian no your RC car and have a good time!!!!

Andrea, Justin and I are looking forward to it!

Is there a good place in Dorrington to park a tow rig (flat towing, no trailer)? I know there is a parking lot at the entrance to the trail, but not sure if it will be full of not. Going to try and come up for the day and would like to flat tow the 40 instead of driving it all the way there. The Dmax is a wee bit more comfortable for longer drives.

Is there a good place in Dorrington to park a tow rig (flat towing, no trailer)? I know there is a parking lot at the entrance to the trail, but not sure if it will be full of not. Going to try and come up for the day and would like to flat tow the 40 instead of driving it all the way there. The Dmax is a wee bit more comfortable for longer drives.

There is a spot just before the bridge on the right that is good for trucks and trailers. I have never seen it filled up. Since you have no trailer, its even easier to fit in there.

There is a spot just before the bridge on the right that is good for trucks and trailers. I have never seen it filled up. Since you have no trailer, its even easier to fit in there.
Thanks

@orangefj45 I'm sure you've told me before, but is this trail suitable for overweight 200s? We were thinking of visiting the Lost Coast over Labor Day weekend but haven't spent any time in the Sierras yet this summer.

Due to some very unfortunate news yesterday, We have to bail out this year. Georg, Can you put aside a XL and a L shirt for me? Thanks .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom