Any value in stock wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. I am trying to budget for my disc brake conversion for my '63 build FJ45, and I am fairly certain I am not going to be able to fit my current wheels with the new assemblies. Whats the going rate for these as a set of 5 with the tires? These are the best pictures I have of he wheels.

I need to know how much money I need to start hiding from my wife. Thanks.

IMG_7975.jpg
IMG_7978.jpg
IMG_7980.jpg

Beautiful truck. Are those riveted wheels or welded? I can't tell by the photos. Welded wheels should fit with stock front discs. What are you going to do for discs?

At any rate, I think stock welded wheels are still available new from the dealer for about $100 per wheel, so judge from there. Riveted wheels are less useful, so less valuable.

Beautiful truck. Are those riveted wheels or welded? I can't tell by the photos. Welded wheels should fit with stock front discs. What are you going to do for discs?

At any rate, I think stock welded wheels are still available new from the dealer for about $100 per wheel, so judge from there. Riveted wheels are less useful, so less valuable.

Thanks. Off the top of my head, I want to say they are welded, but the truck is at home and I am at work. I think the setup is GM, but I am not certain. It's not a stock FJ40 disc setup. I am drooling over a set of SCS F5's on my truck in otherwise mostly stock condition, but not sure if its a need or just a want for right now.

yeap almost no valve in riveted wheels regardless of condition.

Thanks!

I am drooling over a set of SCS F5's on my truck

you are not going to find a better looking set of wheels, than you already have.

I don't agree. Riveted wheels are fine if not rusted badly for drum brake applications. I have all 5 of my original riveted wheels, not a thing wrong with them. Some people who are trying to maintain originality occasionally look for them.

you are not going to find a better looking set of wheels, than you already have.

Ugh, I know I have had those thoughts too. But I think she'll also look good whenever I see this build!
desert6.jpg

I need some mid 60's wheels for my resto with drum brakes, so if they're the original '63 wheels, pm me please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom