Fall Crawl 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any suggestions on where to have it? We discussed it some last night but no firm plans.

We're a Virginia group. I vote for a Virginia venue. Is there any place interesting close to the coast? With "BAY" being part of our club's name, maybe there is an interesting venue we have not yet explored well, or invited out-of-state visitors to, that could be the site for 2018. What about Chincoteague, Accomac or Great Dismal Swamp areas? Maybe not what rock-crawler types are used to, but for sand and mud lovers, it could be interesting! Reid

Any word on this yet?
I missed Coal Mine! I'm itchin to wheel!

Thinking of going here:

Harlan County, Kentucky - Official Web Site - Off-Roading

Backup will be Rausch Creek. Gore is full of Big Dogs events. We do not want to go with 300 people!

DATES WILL BE THE WEEKEND OF OCTOBER 20TH

WHEELING DAYS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY

MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW

Confirmed Fall Crawl will be held at Rausch Creek. October 13th, 2018.

At this time no other events are going on that weekend, so we should not hit too many crowds.

No raffle, no dinner, no t-shirts, No cost to be a part or the fun! Pay park fees only.

All are welcome.

Last edited:
Confirmed Fall Crawl will be held at Rausch Creek. October 19-21, 2018.

At this time no other events are going on that weekend, so we should not hit too many crowds.

No raffle, no dinner, no t-shirts, No cost to be a part or the fun! Pay park fees only.

All are welcome.
Guys,
If this is just a "get together to wheel" non-event, I would suggest going to AOAA as opposed to Rausch. It is at least twice the size and the few trails I've run there have been pretty good. The rocks have a bit of a "Paragon feel" to them, if you know what I mean.

I have wheeled there and raced there. I have not seen the same challenges that RC has. I have been to both sides of the park. Mind you I am on 37's so take that with a grain of salt! LOL

Last year we did one day at RC and one at AOAA. Not to say we could not do that again?

****DATES MAY CHANGE****

I WILL POST UP DETAILS TO CONFIRM, WE HIT A SNAG!

*** dates confirmed October 13th weekend*****

Sorry for the confusion!

I am throwing this out there for thoughts....
Friday wheel AOAA
Saturday wheel Rausch Creek

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Rob

A neighbor slightly to your north here. May try to join you if domestic calendars work out. 2 questions:
1) Do you want folks to confirm attendance here? Or just show up Friday 10/12 at whatever time you appoint?
2) Any preferred place(s) to stay? Truck/tent camping @ Twin Groves worked fine at the GCLCC's CMCC this summer, but that's the only time I've been to Rausch.

(FWIW, the Fri/AOAA - Sat/Rausch option sounds good to me!)

Many of us stay at the comfort Inn, they have good trailer parking. You can post up or show up!

We will have stock trucks to buggys, all are welcome.

There will be plenty of peaple camping at Rouch Creek.

Edit: there will probably be some Mickey Bombs as well

Last edited:
I hope eveyone has their junk together!

Plans are to wheel at AOAA park on friday. Meet at park 8:30 ready to wheel, that means aired down. Hubs locked. Park opens at 9 am

Wheel Rausch Creek on saturday. Meet at park 7:30, Park opens at 8 am.

For what it cost to go to the parks, I like to get all the wheeling in I can. I am sure he CCLC will depart with a 2-3 hour delay :), (love you guys) in case anyone comes up late.....LOL.

**TO SAVE TIME, PLEASE GO ONLINE TO BOTH PARKS AND FILL OUT THE WAIVERS TO SAVE TIME ON THE MORNING OF.**

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom