Moving to PNW-Beaverton,Or. Looking for new independent Yota mechanic and parts source. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We are relocating from Denver to Beaverton,Or.

I’m excited about the move but not sure what to expect weather wise.
It seems like it would be perfect, especially for Mt biking, camping and the beach.

Also, I’m looking for a new independant shop in the area. Thanks.

The region is packed with some notable privately owned shops.

A few of which are in the forums regularly.

Willamette Blvd Service Center (North Portland) does not advertise anywhere from what I can tell but you better schedule ahead if your cruiser needs something changed or checked. Every time I drive by the place various old pigs and even a handful of 80s are stacked on the property but their reputation is solid by all accounts I have queried which shouldn’t mean much because I only recently started to ask around myself.

Good luck.

You can add Pearl Auto Service to the list. Also, in my limited experience [Kuni] Lexus of Portland dealer is not bad - I have done a few ATF service jobs with them (yours doesn't suffer from the sealed AT with WS). I have heard only good thing about aforementioned Willamette Blvd shop, but have no personal experience.

Addendum: Kuni lets me bring my own parts and fluids and doesn't frown upon my Fumoto valve at all.

Last edited:
Landcruiser NW in N.Portland has a pretty good reputation. I've chatted with them a few times but haven't had anything done there

I used Landcruiser Specialties in Oregon City to do my AHC delete, Tim is a great guy to deal with

Also used Kuni Lexus for some service work, they were pretty good to deal with.

Last edited:
What they said above. Kuni is expensive. I've used Wally Automotive on Canyon once or twice. Willamette Blvd. Service Center is probably number 1 in town but be prepared to wait 2-3 months.
Welcome to the area. Weather is pretty decent. Schedule a sunny vacation in February so you don't lose your sanity. We went to Hawaii last year and Arizona the previous. It really helps to make it through the winters. Camping in the rainy times sucks but if you are willing to drive, it's usually drier in eastern Oregon.

Welcome to the area! The weather is perfect IMO. Always cool at night, no bugs, the ‘rain’ ain’t really rain at all, at least from an East Coaster’s perspective. It’s more like a mist...

FYI Toyota of Portland has charged me OVER retail for some (small) parts, and they do not match any prices.

Also, we have a friendly DIY garage nearby with lifts & tools: Gearhead Garage
If you’re up for doing some of your own work it’s a great resource.

I can help direct you to some local trails and 4WD-friendly beaches if you’re interested too.

Last edited:
I use Integrity Auto, the best Toyota indie in town and not just for Land Cruisers. They are located directly across the street from Ron Tonkin Toyota (which I DO NOT recommend at all after they cost me $2,800 on a botched brake repair). Also Tim @ Land Cruiser Specialties in Oregon City was more than helpful when I called with requests. My Toyota dealer experiences have been less spectacular with nuts left off from suspension bolts (Broadway Toyota) and the issue mentioned above.

Last edited:
Thx for all the recommendations. After the trip out I’ll need to get my windshield replaced and get a few rust spots taken care of.

Ditto on everything said above...I'll have to check out the OC & see Tim sometime.

I'd like to update my earlier post to say I no longer can recommend Kuni as whole-heartedly as I did originally. I have been trying to get a quote for over a month, been trying to reach my service tech for over two weeks, and the other tech I reached out to when I couldn't get a hold of mine also never responded after several days. That's just poor customer care, no excuse for it. I now recommend Integrity Auto on 122nd and SE Stark Street, you will be hard pressed to find any reviews with less than 5-stars and some folks drive several hours down from Seattle to have them work on their vehicles.

It's kinda crazy how Kuni totally dropped the ball on me, I was singing their praises and that of Lexus and even got two friends to consider Lexus to replace their BMWs and Mercedes.

Last edited:
I have not been to Kuni in over year. But what you describe seems to be increasingly happening (at least here in the Portland Metro area) in a lot of companies we need work/quotes from around here...mechanics, tradesmen, everything. A guy gets sick or takes a vacation now, game over, you can't reach anybody.

I have not been to Kuni in over year. But what you describe seems to be increasingly happening (at least here in the Portland Metro area) in a lot of companies we need work/quotes from around here...mechanics, tradesmen, everything. A guy gets sick or takes a vacation now, game over, you can't reach anybody.

That's actually the biggest reason why I'm getting out of classic cars after a lifetime of enjoying them, every single time something breaks I lose most of the summer driving season while it sits in the back of a shop waiting for some radiator shop to do their work or for folks to get back from vacations, etc. Interesting to hear this is not just my experience, thanks man.

Just drove by this place today up in St. John’s, lot full of all sorts of ‘Cruisers: Willamette Boulevard Service Center - University Park - Portland, OR

Anyone use ‘em?

EC61BF5E-9EC5-42EB-9C49-25D71752D9D5.jpeg

75896AAF-2EE9-4BE5-A28B-1148655EA5ED.jpeg
EB712967-4F42-41C4-9FF3-1CFFB2183545.jpeg
774AEBBE-BA10-43BA-9472-9BDABC843E9F.jpeg
67EAF64F-A3A7-4B1B-9B8A-19E888E40788.jpeg

No, but looks good with all the cruisers in the parking lot.

Haven't used them, but as mentioned earlier, be prepared to wait two-ish months. I've heard nothing but good things.

Found a few rust spots on my front, rear bumpers and sliders. Any recommendations on getting them re-powder coated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom