2004 LX AHC blinking "OFF" after long heavy load (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My AHC worked flawlessly before leaving for vacation. We drove approximately 1000 miles each way with a heavy load - the LX ran in Low while we were travelling, and returned to N after we unloaded at the campground. When we got back, the AHC returned itself to the N position, but now it is blinking OFF. I think I read that the system might shut off to not overtax the self-leveling? I checked the fuses and disconnected negative terminal thinking it might reset. The fluid level looks good in reservoir (I changed it last year) so I don't think there are any leaks. My next step is to get the TechStream and cable. Any information is greatly appreciated.

If fluid level and the obvious things look ok then whilst waiting for Techstream you can manually check for, read and clear codes. It’s very straight forward. If you have DTCs you’ll get flashing OFF light two digit sequences with a pause in between codes. Note the sequences then clear them. DTCs in the system can be a bit unreliable, or not even trigger, but it’s still worth checking initially. Probably worth checking the integrity of your three height sensor mechanisms too.

How to pull codes. Ignition off, jump TC and E1 in the DLC1 connector, which is under the hood on passenger side fender, ignition on and you could get the OFF light flashing two digit sequences to decipher - but if you just want to clear any DTCs push the brake pedal 9 times in less than 3 seconds. Ignition off and remove the jumper and see what the result is. If you immediately go back to a fault state then you've got a real fault (as opposed to a spurious transient) that needs to be followed through.

You’ll obviously want to check and adjust your neutral pressures too. Not only do the neutral pressures determine how effective your damping is they also influence your load & pax carrying capacity. Too high pressure reduces your total load capacity (max system pressure is the combination of neutral pressure + load induced pressure) and potentially forces the system to default into L unnecessarily.

Awesome. Thank you so much. Very appreciative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom