Anyone Sell Bushing Kits? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

084runnerltd

SILVER Star
Threads
I was recently lubing the driveshaft and noticed a lot of my bushings are in rough shape. The worst appeared to be the front swaybar, but they all looked like they could benefit from a replacement.

I started the parts search and got a little frustrated, (finding part numbers, searching prices, vendors, etc...)

Just wondering if anyone sells “complete bushing replacement kits” or find some sort of kits specific to an area of the truck (“front suspension bushing kit,” etc...).

During my search for the swaybar replacement, other members said make sure to buy new bolts that attach to the vehicle as they often rust out, I am guessing there are a variety of accessory parts also recommended to purchase if looking at replacing bushings at various differant locations on the truck...? Ideally, the perfect kit would also include these pieces as well.

Also, everyone seems to recommend OEM, is that still the consensus?

Thanks in advance.

Look at my build thread (The Texas Land Crusher). I am replacing all bushings on my 99 and have part #'s listed.

Lots of part numbers here from @2001LC :
When & how to replace stabilizer bar, bushings, cushions & links (AKA sway bar)

I can't get into their website at work, but it wouldn't surprise me to find that @cruiseroutfit has something along those lines.

Thanks for the link!

Look at my build thread (The Texas Land Crusher). I am replacing all bushings on my 99 and have part #'s listed.

Will do, thanks for the info!

We (Cruiser Outfitters) stock the full range of bushings for the 100 Series, sway bar, control arm (front and rear), etc in OEM Rubber, aftermarket rubber and poly options. Let us know!

I guess I figured a lot of places offer the bushings for sale, I was more curious in a “100 series bushing kit.” Figured it would be a little cheaper than ordering each item separately and makes ordering a little easier.

I also understand if nobody makes a kit as I am guessing many people replace random bushings rather than a complete swap.

To be honest, half the the time that I need to order parts, I have to find a picture diagram of the area l, just to find the technical name to what it is I am looking at....

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks for the link!

To be honest, half the the time that I need to order parts, I have to find a picture diagram of the area l, just to find the technical name to what it is I am looking at....

Thanks for the replies.

Thingy, thingamajigger and whatsacallit it are acceptable terms for an unknown part name, given the right context and a picture to point it out :-D

I'd be interested in a bushing kit as well, but I get why they aren't wholly available. For someone like me, I'd want everything but with caveats like no UCA bushings as I'll replace with a whole new adjustable arm. Or sway bar links, because I want an extended set. There would be a lot of variables for the vendors to consider when offering a package like this since our trucks and builds have such disparity.

We don't list them as a "kit" as we just haven't had much call for them that way with the exception of front UCA or LCA sets, but often not both. We have customers do just their rear UCA, but not the lower or vice versa. That said, order a full "kit" of some variety and we can certainly discount the price accordingly.

Capture.JPG

@cruiseroutfit are those rear OEM UCA/LCA bushings plug-n-play replacements for the 100 or are they 80 series bushings and require drilling out the mounts and using larger bolts (or sleeving the bushing). I ask because I always thought those OEM bushings were not available for the 100 series.

@cruiseroutfit are those rear OEM UCA/LCA bushings plug-n-play replacements for the 100 or are they 80 series bushings and require drilling out the mounts and using larger bolts (or sleeving the bushing). I ask because I always thought those OEM bushings were not available for the 100 series.

Plug/play. To my knowledge we are the only one stocking/selling them in the regular retail Cruiser realm

Thingy, thingamajigger and whatsacallit it are acceptable terms for an unknown part name, given the right context and a picture to point it out :-D

I'd be interested in a bushing kit as well, but I get why they aren't wholly available. For someone like me, I'd want everything but with caveats like no UCA bushings as I'll replace with a whole new adjustable arm. Or sway bar links, because I want an extended set. There would be a lot of variables for the vendors to consider when offering a package like this since our trucks and builds have such disparity.

Absolutely! If it wasn’t for being able to post pics of my truck or circling diagrams, my truck would by completely constructed of the terms you mentioned.

I don't know if it was due to this thread but we had a handful of 100 bushing "kits" ship out this week, thanks! :D

I need to call you guys soon,

I want to replace all the bushings in my 5 rear arms and thought I was going to have to buy the arms!

SO without having a shop what’s the best way to tackle pressing out/in said bushings in these arms?

We press them with a set of tools we've come up with and have used large sockets as press pieces for similar jobs in the past :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom