Builds The '93 Troopy Hodgepodge (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome! You'll like the LS and 6L combo. I have the LY6, iron block 6.0. I ended up changing a few parameters in the transmission programming but mostly I used the stock Tahoe program. With 4.56 gears and 37" tires it's perfect.

Awesome! You'll like the LS and 6L combo. I have the LY6, iron block 6.0. I ended up changing a few parameters in the transmission programming but mostly I used the stock Tahoe program. With 4.56 gears and 37" tires it's perfect.

Nice. I'm not totally sure which program is on the TCM. It's a rebuit/reman'd 6L80 which could have come from anything. They claimed they flashed it with Escalade parameters. I might just buy EFILive.

Nice. I'm not totally sure which program is on the TCM. It's a rebuit/reman'd 6L80 which could have come from anything. They claimed they flashed it with Escalade parameters. I might just buy EFILive.

I use HP Tuners, but I'm sure EFILive works the same. You should be able to find the stock program for any truck and throw it in there.

I think you need to have your TCM and PCM flashed to the same VIN and you want to try to use both from the same year group. I used LT1 swap for the initial programming and then bought HP Tuners to tweak it.

I think you need to have your TCM and PCM flashed to the same VIN and you want to try to use both from the same year group. I used LT1 swap for the initial programming and then bought HP Tuners to tweak it.

Yeah I hear the ECU/TCM will go into limp mode of the VINs don't match. I had the guy who did my wiring flash the ECU with the same VIN that the company I bought my 6L80 flashed to the TCM. So supposedly it's the same. I still might snag a tuning software though. It'll be cheaper than paying someone a few hundred to flash ECUs every once and a while vs just buying a HPTuners/EFI-Live license.

0C4D77AE-020B-41C7-9787-8F86312908BD.jpeg
D921BCC1-AB53-46CB-8BC7-36DB3FAE1A77.jpeg
D0AE0F1E-2CC9-45A8-AAE0-D7E50329B15B.jpeg
09F8BBF1-2ACD-4565-BCC4-302EA8D49768.jpeg
747A25A7-8997-4A0C-944C-F59DD2C9F755.jpeg

I bought the Troopy from a mining company in Botswana.I stripped it down completely and over a four day period washed out all the mud,grime and stones.
I had it completely resprayed in the Toyota Olive Colour and then re-did all the mechanicals.
New Old Man Emu suspension
New upholstery
Imported Recaro seats
Dynamat soundproofing
The biggest change was taking out the 1HZ diesel motor and replacing that with the fatastic LM 7

I bought the Troopy from a mining company in Botswana.I stripped it down completely and over a four day period washed out all the mud,grime and stones.
I had it completely resprayed in the Toyota Olive Colour and then re-did all the mechanicals.
New Old Man Emu suspension
New upholstery
Imported Recaro seats
Dynamat soundproofing
The biggest change was taking out the 1HZ diesel motor and replacing that with the fatastic LM 7

Awesome!!

:clap:

Cheers

Fresh rear doors! The original ones on the Troopy looked like they needed some love, figured new doors would be cheaper in the long run. Ordered a new set from a '99-'07 HZJ/FZJ78 for $700+ship from Partsouq. Reports are they should fit with very minor mods on the old HZJ75.

Troopy Rear Door interchangeably

Left side got a little dinged up from the trip from the UAE. Waiting to hear from Partsouq about getting it taken care of. Considering the scratch I've send them over the past few months for parts, hopefully they'll hook us up. Otherwise we'll just fix them up. Either way, much better than the potentially rusty doors.

BUMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom