New parts source, not reman, AC compressor 83' 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a source for NEW not reman parts? For the time being Im looking for an AC compressor but I will be replacing other parts. Im in possession of a reman now but would prefer new. Cant seem to find any.

Thanks
Brandon

The reman Denso works perfectly; I don't think you'll find new, nor do you need to. I'm in So. Cal, also. Are you going to stick with R12 or go with R134a?

I just finished replacing all a/c components on my 84 FJ60 with all new denso parts except for the compressor as it was a reman. I also had new reduced barrier ac hoses made that are r134/r12 compatible. The reman compressor came with mineral oil installed so I decided to leave it and use r12a refrigerant. The a/c is now super cold and compressor runs smoothly. I would definitely recommend the r12a.

My AC blows cold, but doesnt quite keep up in the hot humid Texas heat. Helps if I start out from a covered area instead of a parking lot. I plan to get the clear tint done soon to cut down on the heat transfer into the cab. I am also suffering from a tripped CB when I have it in the high position so can only run it at level 3....that being said, what temp should I expect to be pumping out of my system???

I live here in west Texas where it’s not humid but extremely hot and usually in the triple digits and no trees anywhere for shade but my system has been able to keep up now without any issues. I don’t know the actual temp but I can try to measure it this week to give you an idea of what I’m experiencing thus far using r12a. I did look into the clear tint as well but the shops here want $175 just for the front windshield so I’m gonna have to wait on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom