door switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having trouble diagnosing a door switch problem on the rear hatch - hatch unlocks and locks but doesn't register as open so it auto locks it self if you unlock the car and open it, it doesn't trigger the lights either. the switch on the DS rear door triggers the lights so the power is fine to there, and I didn't see anything in the wiring that suggest that there is a short or bad wire from there back. has anyone had the rear switch fail?

Having trouble diagnosing a door switch problem on the rear hatch - hatch unlocks and locks but doesn't register as open so it auto locks it self if you unlock the car and open it, it doesn't trigger the lights either. the switch on the DS rear door triggers the lights so the power is fine to there, and I didn't see anything in the wiring that suggest that there is a short or bad wire from there back. has anyone had the rear switch fail?

I’m having this same exact issue!! Did you get it figured out?

If its the switch it's about $15 beans. Switch lives in the upper catch thing..or is that the latch

Pulled the interior hatch panel and disconnected wire harness to it. Then two bolts holding the catch thing to the upper hatch and it comes out.

It's two halves are riveted together. Ground off one side of the heads, hammered it apart and replaced the switch. Tack welded while holding it together tightly with vise grips. Could probably bolt it back together and grind down the heads so it sits flush again.

This solved MY intermittent problem.

Also, pulled the outside handle to unrust and paint it as it was not returning anymore. The rust bloom was too much for the spring.
The plastic handle luckily came off without breaking. The outside handle assembly or just the plastic handle are still available new if you want new stuff there.
I think the catch thing is available as an assembly too, but there isn't much in there to go wrong so I just replaced the switch.

To get all that out I also unbolted and unclipped the linkage but left that giddy up in there.

The outside handle assembly and just the black plastic handle part numbers can be found in some threads.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom