No throttle on boost compensated 1HZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

davegonz

Keeping it Weird
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm just now able to start up my 1HZ/FJ60 project and have some issues with not getting any throttle response. I did the install on the boost compensator assembly and looked at a couple of threads on it here. Any ideas? She's idling really nice though.

Also, I'm able to screw in the fuel screw (the one closest to the engine block) and it speeds up. So that's at least working.

Last edited:
Hey Dave, it's sweet to get them running hey!

Has the top cover been off the fuel pump?
Is a while since I read your build thread, did you fit the boost compensator?
Looks like maybe the governor lever spring is not connected.
It's the coil spring in the pic, connects to the throttle lever under the top cover.

images (1).jpeg

Yes, I installed the compensator. I must have opened it up five times today. The spring is definitely connected.

did that install video help?

from watching that, I'm wondering if your throttle lever is misaligned on the throttle arm pin? I cant remember if the pin has flat sides, or is splined where the throttle lever connects at the top?

I'll give it a try tomorrow morning. The temperature was approaching 100F this afternoon!

I had this problem before fitting mine initally. Your going to have to turn out your max fuel screw out of the housing and assemble.
Then screw it in. Thats what allowed mine to get throttle response again.

Closing the loop on this. I followed Foreal's recommendation about the max fuel screw and it worked like a champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom