Milestar patagonia MT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Helps a bunch. Moving to the head of the list mt with at noise profile. Nirvana for my highway bias use case.
I did get stuck in mud today. But that all my fault. :D

20180728_174745.jpg

Ha. I have a 200.crawl Ctrl will fix that right up. Hope you had a buddy :)

@Spamcheese @gnarlytoes can I get a quick update. Specifically did the noise ramp up after they were on for a bit? Have you come to love the center ridge?
My experience is similar to @Spamcheese. About 6000 miles on my set of 5. I rotated them including the spare at about 4500 miles. No noticeable difference in sound. Still quiet for such an aggressive tread mud tire. I run mine at 32 psi. I tried 36psi, but was not getting full contact and harsher ride.

My experience is similar to @Spamcheese. About 6000 miles on my set of 5. I rotated them including the spare at about 4500 miles. No noticeable difference in sound. Still quiet for such an aggressive tread mud tire. I run mine at 32 psi. I tried 36psi, but was not getting full contact and harsher ride.

Thanks!

Any wear/durability and/or noise increase updates on these? Wet pavement traction?

Looking hard for my ‘95 triples 80 I just bought. It’s stock so far, so looking at 285/75/16s and an ome or +2” coils later. I’ll daily drive and commute in it some, but it’ll hit trails on weekends and be dedicated to that and being a hunting/duck truck, down the road.

Last edited:
I have not had any issues with them. They sound like A/T tires still and traction has not been an issue.

Got them on today and they look and ride good. Not hearing is believing...they ARE quiet. Unbelievably quiet for how aggressive they are.

@hh4whiskey Unbelieveable! Thanks for the update. I'm trying to come to terms with how that tread pattern isn't noisy as heck. Wish they had a bit wider range of 18" sizes. The 275/70 is a bit short, and the 35x12.5 is a bit tall. would love a 295/70 option in there.

@hh4whiskey would you say they're quiet for an m/t? quiet for an a/t? quiet for a tire?

I've got worn duratracs at the moment, they're probably in the quiet for an m/t band right now. Just trying to get an idea if I'll need another set of highway tires or not.

Is say they’re decently quiet for an AT, and super quiet for an MT. There is low hum, but it doesn’t seem to increase in volume or pitch, by speed. Just a mild, low hum. Less than my 34” ST MAXs on my Tundra, and at least as quiet as my BFG ATs.

I've been running a set of 37s for the past 12mon on my typically heavy 80. Red rock, sand, snow/ice and some mud usage. The comments about how quiet they are match my experience. Track well, quiet (just recently getting some hum @6k mi), and good looks. The chip, with sidewall protection shearing under hard use on rocks. Minor cuts and a few apparent cracks down between lugs. I run highways at 37psi, and have aired as low as 17. Previous tires were KO2's and Trxus. Disclaimer: I am reviewing these in collaboration with Milestar/Tireco. Review will air @ Offroad.com FWIW. My colleague, unbeknownst to me, is on his 2nd set of Patagonia's. He got ~45k on a Taco with the first set, and loved them. Mine also balanced with reasonable ounces. You could do worse for the $.

I've been running a set of 37s for the past 12mon on my typically heavy 80. Red rock, sand, snow/ice and some mud usage. The comments about how quiet they are match my experience. Track well, quiet (just recently getting some hum @6k mi), and good looks. The chip, with sidewall protection shearing under hard use on rocks. Minor cuts and a few apparent cracks down between lugs. I run highways at 37psi, and have aired as low as 17. Previous tires were KO2's and Trxus. Disclaimer: I am reviewing these in collaboration with Milestar/Tireco. Review will air @ Offroad.com FWIW. My colleague, unbeknownst to me, is on his 2nd set of Patagonia's. He got ~45k on a Taco with the first set, and loved them. Mine also balanced with reasonable ounces. You could do worse for the $.

I saw my first true trail use this past weekend an my deer camp. Weather was some wet, so I got to see mud....the slick, red clay, southern stuff. Tires never loaded up much at all, and great north/south traction. East/west you could feel them wanting to do the typical push out, but a touch of pedal straightened them right back. They were fine on the washboard dirt roads and everything backwoods and steep or muddy or loose. Worked fine on the 3hr highway rides to and from, as well.

Relevant:

Got me some rock warriors and had a set of these (285/70 R17) mounted up for an upcoming trip to Rousch Creek on Black Friday. I normally run KO2s on the stock 20s. I’ve only driven the Patagonia’s around town sofar. They are only slightly louder than the KO2. Will post more pics and a review once I’ve had a chance to put a few mole miles on them.

EC66106B-4AC3-4301-94D7-3E0803F3B7D2.jpeg

"mole miles"

That's funny!

5A1AB94D-FF48-4394-885A-74F4B28407F2.jpeg
B0DD8EE6-FEBC-4190-BD31-9E53EF4B8258.jpeg
F01168BA-8752-4C38-A784-8C709E0B6DE9.jpeg
So I put a few mole miles on them today..lol! Literally just a few but got them up to 70 on the highway and they do start to sing softly at 60 but really not bad. It does help that the LX is very quiet to begin with. Took advantage of a nice 50 degree day here in NY before the cold comes and gave her a bath and some rain-x.

So... the 3hr drive to Rausch was a bit noisy one you get over 70 mph. Never ran an MT tire before so cannot compare to one but they are noiser than the KO2. No surprise there. Tall sidewall and tread blocks meant squishy handling on the highway with vague steering feel. Again, no surprise. In the dirt the tires were great.. aired them down to about 23 psi and they were very comfortable and provided excellent traction over rocks and through water. Did not get into any serious mud this time.

I did have some trouble on a pretty serious incline where atrac and crawl just couldn’t get me over the cold hard packed dirt hill without sliding into a small tree. Not too much damage, but because of the very very narrow passage and the lack of secure traction we had to abort.

Only drove them around town in the rain . They have offered more than adequate traction. Curious to see how they will compare to the KO2s in colder wet weather and snow. I‘ve found the KO2s to be excellent in snow. Some pics from the trip.

A606F9E8-2304-45BF-BF13-16FED203BE7A.jpeg

540BE9E8-6F89-45A5-BC95-0EBFC20721DD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom