Re-spooling winch rope thru roller fairlead (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have any experience re-spooling their winch rope thru the fairlead on an ARB? Specifically Im thinking to go synthetic but dont want to pull my bumper off just to re-spool. Looks like there is limited working room/access to get the little hex bolt off the spool. ARB Delux, m12 winch. Thanks.

winch-line-install-13__19198.1486075530.1280.1280.jpg

ARB_3415150-2_1200x.jpg

If access is tough, couldn't you just remove the lower plate? I changed my M12000 to synthetic winch line and had to get a longer hex bolt.

If access is tough, couldn't you just remove the lower plate? I changed my M12000 to synthetic winch line and had to get a longer hex bolt.
Yeah, Ill double check that. Thanks, by chance what fairlead are you running with synthetic? And any thoughts or ideas on changing to a hawse without having to pull the bumper?

I am running a hawse fairlead but I don't have the ARB bumper anymore. I think removing the bottom cover will give you access to the fairlead bolts/nuts as well. For hawse fairleads, ARB offers a spacer kit. Or better yet, find a fairlead that is 2x as thick. Factor55 makes one but I think you want one that is offset.

Yea you should be able to access it from the bottom, just pull the skid plate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom