Looking for who built my new pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey every one, long time lurker here.
So I pop on every once in awhile when i get a new truck as i move along the rebuild process and ply the minds that be for info.

This time is a little different. Does anyone know who built this truck? 1 tons and a internally balanced and blueprinted 383 with ls1 heads are the big money items.
8860.jpeg
8884.jpeg
8880.jpeg
8870.jpeg

I am taking delivery of this dream machine on Saturday and would love to read a build thread. I'll also let every one know what a journey its been to get a fj55 and what it means to me personally.

Those are not LS1 heads, that's a classic small-block Chevy, there is zero interchange between the Gen 3/4 "LS" engines and the Gen 1/2 classic small-blocks. I'd have a hard time believing that the motor is actually built like you described, usually people take the time to make things actually look nice when spending a bunch of money on them, and then don't put horrible stock exhaust manifolds back on. I'd maybe believe it if it was built 20-25 years ago based on the grime but my bet is its just an ordinary worn-out 305/350.

Sorry to rain on your parade.

Is that a cutting board between the PS pump and the head?

Those are not LS1 heads, that's a classic small-block Chevy, there is zero interchange between the Gen 3/4 "LS" engines and the Gen 1/2 classic small-blocks. I'd have a hard time believing that the motor is actually built like you described, usually people take the time to make things actually look nice when spending a bunch of money on them, and then don't put horrible stock exhaust manifolds back on. I'd maybe believe it if it was built 20-25 years ago based on the grime but my bet is its just an ordinary worn-out 305/350.

Sorry to rain on your parade.
Wow I messed that up!
Vortec heads not ls1 my mind is bouncing between the fj40 project and this new truck the engine was built around 10 years ago but the p.o. is just repeating what he has been told. Said the power could smoke the 44s and a stockish 350 could not.
Also I think they are running manifolds for cooling as headers run hot? I have problems with my 40 running hot so I run ram horns

Steering shaft angle looks healthy......also two wheel drive and some sweet exhaust and a half.

Proceed with caution bro!
Luckily I have a full dual exhaust thats around 3inch all the way from the collectors going on. And the steering needs addressed, luckily its already crossover. But everything else will be on the cutting "board"

And i think its either a cutting board or mdf have not gotten the truck so I dont know

how do you get in it?

Reminds me of that big brown 60 series from Alaska or Canada.
Peter something, from back in the day.

That's the one.Thanks

You’re also going to need some traction bars or something to prevent axle wrap... especially if it has a 383 stroker.

Nothing wrong with isolating some vibration...

Looks a lot better than most pigs these days from a sheet metal standpoint (from these pics), get it driving, pull some leaves, put some 37s on it and could be a badass rig. Let's hear about the journey, that's the fun!

Yeah I'm thinking about pulling a few leaves off the superlift and running maybe a 38 at the biggest traction bars rear discs extremely small modifications to the suspension and drivetrain because of how much the trucks costing me what I start the build thread I'll tell the story about how much it costs and I think everyone's going to get a laugh out of it

The comment about the sheet metal being so nice is also why the guy is getting rid of it to me for the price I paid he didn't want to butcher it to put Rockwell's under it luckily it's a bitch to put a compound charge turbo diesel 12 valve Cummins into a 55

On a fun but extremely irritating note I only have 7 hours and 28 minutes tell he is scheduled to be pulling into my driveway to deliver the truck

Not like anyone's counting or anything

Definitely looks cool. I agree with the previous posts. Except maybe try and source some stock springs. That and a new set of wheels/37s would really clean it up and update the look. Keep us updated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom