3.4, oil in the plug tubes. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
I have done spark plug tube seals on a 3.4 many times , or a top engine re-seal as i like to call it

Buy OEM toyota parts only

also , have a FSM service shop manual on hand for the intake plenum side disassembly / re-assembly

you could get away with reusing the intake manifold gaskets but I would replace them. also don't forget to reseal the half moons, they tend to leak after a while. pick up a tube of black fipg to reseal them

you could get away with reusing the intake manifold gaskets but I would replace them. also don't forget to reseal the half moons, they tend to leak after a while. pick up a tube of black fipg to reseal them

Yup, it's one of those "While your in there's" Right?

Due suspect, there will be some added OEM hoses and vacuum lines when this is all over.

Came back and tossed a code, misfire cyl 1. Replacing the coil this weekend, but after research, sounds like an injector may be bad.

Curious as to how many miles you have on the engine?

That is exactly what I was going to do tomorrow when I pull the coil. Initially, all the plugs looked like they should (although worn out), except for cyls 1 and 6 which had the oil 1/2 way up the tubes. They had some carbon buildup.

Thanks, I've got 115,000 and am doing the basic maintenance to keep her good.

I swapped coil packs first to see if the problem would change to another cylinder and no dice. Pulled the plugs and all are clean except for #1, it was wet.. Which leads me to believe I have a leaky/bad injector. Lucky enough it is on the passenger side. Since I have to pull the fuel rail on that side I am just going to replace those 3.

One of the many threads I have found;

fuel injector replacement - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Fixed.:bounce::bounce2: Found some OEM injectors on the web for $45 ea. :cool:
003.JPG
004.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom