85 22re pickup coolant bypass hose help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I noticed that a bypass hose started to leak the other day and I ordered one at my local dealership and got the wrong one. Anyone know what the part number is for this hose? It attaches to the upper intake and goes around the tstat housing and attaches to the lower next to the tstat.

IMG_20180815_105326388.jpg

IMG_20180815_105423260.jpg

Is this the hose you are talking about?

1985-1988 22R-E Fuel Injection System.jpg

Diagram Source: https://parts.toyota.com

I know the 22Rs better than the 22R-Es, but with a little digging, I think the part number below is correct (but double check with VIN Here:www.toyotapartsdeal.com ) :

HOSE, WATER BY-PASS, NO.2

16264-35012

Did the dealership ask for your VIN?

Maybe a miscommunication as to which hose you are talking about?

Also, the OEM spring clamps (clips) are nice to get if you are going to buy the hose anyway.

Or if you want to change all of the coolant by-pass hoses for the Throttle Body / Idle Air control Valve, you can get them here: 22reperformance.com/22re-cooling/throttle-body-coolant-hoses

:wrench:

There is more than one. Not surprised your dealer messed up. I think there might even be two different hoses for 1985.

Is this the hose you are talking about?

View attachment 1767994

Diagram Source: https://parts.toyota.com

I know the 22Rs better than the 22R-Es, but with a little digging, I think the part number below is correct (but double check with VIN Here:www.toyotapartsdeal.com ) :

HOSE, WATER BY-PASS, NO.2

16264-35012

Did the dealership ask for your VIN?

Maybe a miscommunication as to which hose you are talking about?

Also, the OEM spring clamps (clips) are nice to get if you are going to buy the hose anyway.

Or if you want to change all of the coolant by-pass hoses for the Throttle Body / Idle Air control Valve, you can get them here: 22reperformance.com/22re-cooling/throttle-body-coolant-hoses

:wrench:

Yes, that is the hose I need. That is not what they ordered though. Thank you! I will call them right now

So it appears that my hose is obsolete. 16264-35011 is the hose that I need. I have the early 85 and the difference looks like the fitting at the intake side next to the tstat on my truck is pointing up and the later one is a 90 degree fitting. Wondering if I can swap fittings from a later truck? I guess I'll figure something out.

Wondering if I can swap fittings from a later truck? I guess I'll figure something out.

Yes, I've considered it many times. The setup on the early trucks is a pain to change. The newer design is much easier. You just need a boneyard donor.

I was able to do a repair with a hose I found at oreillys. It had the 90 degree bend that I needed from the tstat side and was able to wrap around the housing like the original and install to the tbody. Just had to trim both sides a little and it worked perfect!

Part number for the next guy?

I was able to do a repair with a hose I found at oreillys. It had the 90 degree bend that I needed from the tstat side and was able to wrap around the housing like the original and install to the tbody. Just had to trim both sides a little and it worked perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom