Long time Toyota owner, first time in a LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Just purchased a 1998 LC100 with 212k, and completely stock. Can't wait to get started on making it my own with my personal touches. A lift will come but it will be down the road a ways. We have a nicely built 2015 4Runner LTD and a 2013 Tacoma TRDOR, so I wanna keep this one mild in the build category, but we'll see right?

Let me be the first to welcome you to Mud :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2: (Official welcome of Mud), so the LC bug finally got to you and I can see that you are collecting Toyota's :clap: just so you know it's a virus that got you and there is no cure for it open your wallet and all your pockets.:cheers:

Would like to add that FAQ and Search is you're best friend and don't hesitate to ask the guys and gals of mud are the greatest when it comes helping out. Enjoy the ride @SPACEBOY

Welcome to the madness, I think you'll be pleased with the 100 in the driveway.
:flipoff2:

Have fun, we're here if you need us.

I want to see your other rigs!

Actually no, I'm gonna just run the OEM wheels. I like the look of them. However, they will be wrapped in BFG

Very nice collection you got there, I like the Tacoma. I just bought a 4th Gen. with a V8 it needs some work but still very solid at 254k.
What rack and tent are you using? Is that just a regular camper shell? Thanks for sharing.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Very nice collection you got there, I like the Tacoma. I just bought a 4th Gen. with a V8 it needs some work but still very solid at 254k.
What rack and tent are you using? Is that just a regular camper shell? Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! Tacoma might be sold if everything checks out with the LC. Tacoma has been paid off for a couple of years so it would be a nice chunk of change to have to put into the LC. Yes it was (sold a couple weeks ago) a regular camper shell, but I built a cage for it to be reinforced to hold the tent.

Dropped the 100 off at my trusty mechanic today to baseline my fluids and look it over from front to rear and check everything. Should be ready by the end of the week. Hopefully he doesn't find any potential disasters. Ready to get it back and start the first few mild mods to it. It drove really well on the 30 mile drive out there, but once he gets everything checked and baselined, I'm excited to see how different it feels. Ordered some parts already, one of my hood struts failed and leaked out as I lifted the hood, so ordered 2 replacements and 2 replacement rear hatch lift struts also. Once I get it back and everything checks out, it's off to my upholsterer to get the front seats re-leathered. Can't wait

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Ok, got it back from the mechanic yesterday evening. Everything checked out great! So, I got the both diff oils changed, valve cover gaskets replaced, and had him just look over everything. I have a knock when shifting from "R" to "D" and only then. It's definitely coming from the front drivers side wheel. The mechanic said the wheel bearings were good. I suspect it might be my drivers side flange teeth worn. I'll address that in a couple of weeks. Also I had the gear oil for the transfer case in the back seat and told him to change it but I guess he overlooked that. I'll do that myself this weekend. I have just been going over it inside and out just buttoning up things, checking for loose bolts or broken items that might need replacing. So far so good. I will however need the plastic mid skid, it's broken in several places where it bolts up, PO just rigged it up with larger fender washers. I may just remove it until my replacement comes in. Today I removed the running boards and mud flaps (replaced with the mud flap replacement sheets)and cranked up the TBs a few turns to level it out. I like the outcome so far, until I get my lift and new tires. A couple questions, do I need to get it aligned after cranking up the torsion bars, and are any of you running wheel spacers with your stock 16" wheels? I ran spidertrax on my Tacoma when I had the OEM wheels and never had any issues. I am asking because I love the look of the stock LC 16" wheels and plan on keeping them, but I hate how far they sit inside the fender well. Just curious if you guys think it's fine to run the spacers? Or if there are certain things about the LC's setup that might not be ideal for spacers? Thanks. Here is a before and after so far

Today I replaced the Ranch 5000 garbage shocks with Fox 2.0. Wow, words can't describe, what a difference. The Rancho's were done, the ride was horrible, the bushings were shot, I felt and heard every bump. I could move the shock body by hand in the lower mount. It rides like a new one now, what a plush ride. All the rattles from the garbage shocks are gone. They must have been in really rough shape. I'm gonna run these until Jason gets in some 41mm ToughDogs with the dual rate coils. But I'll be honest though, I might just run these for a year or so, I like the stock height of it now, and now with these Fox 2.0's, it has me just wanting to run it like this until I get some other mods done.

View attachment 1768666 View attachment 1768667 Just purchased a 1998 LC100 with 212k, and completely stock. Can't wait to get started on making it my own with my personal touches. A lift will come but it will be down the road a ways. We have a nicely built 2015 4Runner LTD and a 2013 Tacoma TRDOR, so I wanna keep this one mild in the build category, but we'll see right?
Welcome to the family. I also carry the Toyota virus. 2000 Cruiser,98 4 runner and a 09 Tundra creax Rock warrior. I love everyone of them for different reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom