Instrument Cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gun Runner 5

ODD IRON OFF ROAD
SILVER Star
Threads
image.jpeg
Can anyone tell me what Land Cruiser (Series & year model) had this instrument cluster? I'm particular interested in the tach and dual fuel gauges.
.... Thanks

Possibly an Australian spec 79 series (HZ/HDJ) going by the digital odo but old style steering column surround.

99-07 period wasn’t it? An adult will confirm shortly I bet!

Thats a 70 series cluster. Looks to be 1999 on so hzj79, hdj79, fzj79 and 07, 08 early 09 vdj79. The first picture i have attatched is a aus spec hdj79. Zoomed out a little to get the general idea. Second is the close up of a fzj79 which both are the same cluster as you posted the only difference bieng the redline between the diesel and the petrol. Your picture is the diesel version. Hth
Screenshot_20180817-225123.png

Screenshot_20180817-225703.png

@Gun Runner 5 Your speedometer is cable driven, correct? The proposed cluster is an electronic/pulse driven style, correct? Not impossible but adds a bit of complexity to the conversion.

Guess it wouldn't be available in 24v?

@Gun Runner 5 Your speedometer is cable driven, correct? The proposed cluster is an electronic/pulse driven style, correct? Not impossible but adds a bit of complexity to the conversion.
Certainly one of the many obstacles that has to be factored in.

Hello,

Better late than never.

That instrument cluster is from a 1999-2009 78 and 79 Series.

It is possible to assemble one from parts, including the cable and sensors. There is a thread on a South African conversion of a BJ74 to FZJ74, complete with that cluster. There were part numbers on that thread -I think, but memory is hazy.

The whole thing is electronic. There must be some kind of pick-up to connect to the speedo cable. You will certainly not regret having it.

One thing I like about this unit is that it is possible to take it apart without messing with the cable. Easier to clean and upgrade to LED bulbs as well.

It is a real pain to connect/disconnect the cable from the pre-1999 instrument cluster it in my book.

By the way, the part number for the main/sub fuel tank gauge is 83882-6C160.

Juan

I know a guy who does "complex" very well. Actually seems to enjoy the challenge. :)

I dig that cluster arrangement. Let me know if you find a source for one. Or a part number for the whole lot. Looks like you'd have to piece one together on Partsouq.

Will do.

I know a guy who does "complex" very well. Actually seems to enjoy the challenge. :)

Hello Charles,

Way to go. Go with the post-1999 instrument cluster and never look back. Easier to disassemble, easier to clean, easier for the LED upgrade.

As for the used cluster from eBay Australia, if shipping costs are not a concern then it is a good option.

The odometer bulb has a habit of burning out often. Replace it with a T5 LED or keep spares in the truck.

Juan

Can anyone provide a part number for the instrument cluster that contains both a tach and dual fuel gauges that is suitable for a 1HZ?
Thanks

Can anyone provide a part number for the instrument cluster that contains both a tach and dual fuel gauges that is suitable for a 1HZ?
Thanks

What style/year dash board? If it's for Sean's truck, the interior was cobbled together from an older 7x iteration IIRC. But I could be wrong. It's been a number of years. Cluster is going to depend on what it's going into.

View attachment 1768665 Can anyone tell me what Land Cruiser (Series & year model) had this instrument cluster? I'm particular interested in the tach and dual fuel gauges.
.... Thanks

If you do come right and your old cluster with tach becomes available for sale, may I have 1st dibs at it , please ?

If you do come right and your old cluster with tach becomes available for sale, may I have 1st dibs at it , please ?
P.M. Sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom