Tundra 18" TRD Wheel Compatibility? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice. I won’t be making it up until February. Snow is on the way! Enjoy.

Looking at a stock Tundra 18" setup complete with the OEM Michelins that came on them. They are 275/65-18 tires vs the LC size recommended size of 285/60-18. I just want to confirm the 275/65 works with no rubbing before I pull the trigger - the wheels and tires are new take off's so not planning to buy any new tires.

275/65/18 on Toyota 60mm offset Tundra rims here, LX570.
No rubbing, and not even close.

As for the 2016+ wheels I PC’d and painted center caps myself they are still looking good. 2 have small chips from high speed dirt driving. All in all doing very well.

Will the current Tundra 18" TRD (black with machined spokes) alloy wheels fit on a 2015 LC200 WITHOUT any spacers or mods to the wheel? I want to remove the stock wheels and just bolt on the Tundras. Can this be done?

I'm sure this has been asked many times on this forum, but I apparently did not use the "correct" search parameters, as I just couldn't find the answer.

TIA.
Got the inspiration of this thread to track a set of trd rims down for my LC200 build. Very happy with the look but stock 275 michys from the tundra are a bit narrow when looking at the vehicle front on.

78781092-6C5C-4EED-9BFD-30D841402534.jpeg

Looking at a stock Tundra 18" setup complete with the OEM Michelins that came on them. They are 275/65-18 tires vs the LC size recommended size of 285/60-18. I just want to confirm the 275/65 works with no rubbing before I pull the trigger - the wheels and tires are new take off's so not planning to buy any new tires.

Why not go 285/65-18?

Looking at wheel and tire takeoffs. seem to be plenty out there with stock Michelin AT2 tires with low miles.
Finally, what tires did you end up with? When I look at, there is ton of TRD wheels with Michelin LTX AT2s. I am in the same dilema.

SQRRRL, your truck looks great. I like the wheels, rock sliders and red tow hooks! Rock sliders may be my next mod but not sure what style I prefer. I prefer looks over function since I will probably never need them for driving over boulders.

Finally, what tires did you end up with? When I look at, there is ton of TRD wheels with Michelin LTX AT2s. I am in the same dilema.
I found a set of stock Tundra take offs with 16 miles on them for $750. Discount tire even sold me certificates for them. So for $120 I have replacement and lifetime balancing/rotation. They do rub a little on a LX at full lock when the suspension is is the lowest setting but normally I only use that to hook up a trailer or load my motorcycle on a hitch carrier.

I found a set of stock Tundra take offs with 16 miles on them for $750. Discount tire even sold me certificates for them. So for $120 I have replacement and lifetime balancing/rotation. They do rub a little on a LX at full lock when the suspension is is the lowest setting but normally I only use that to hook up a trailer or load my motorcycle on a hitch carrier.
View attachment 2015873
@JeffH

Your LX looks great in that color with theat landscape background!

That's a great deal! Was it wheels and tires together? What size tires are they? Are these 275/65R18? What PSI do you run these tires at? Do they lean heavy vs. 20 inch stock wheels?

Last edited:
SQRRRL, your truck looks great. I like the wheels, rock sliders and red tow hooks! Rock sliders may be my next mod but not sure what style I prefer. I prefer looks over function since I will probably never need them for driving over boulders.
I was a test dummy for Trail Tailor. Since the first sliders were made TT has made just about every style. Contact him and chat it up. I’m sure he can come up with a solution for you.
The wheels are still holding up but I have a set of RW waiting.
1A0B80A2-3A21-4CAC-B376-6765248C4158.jpeg

ohhhh i like the black rings. did you do the red TRD part yourself? Did the powdercoater do it? Thanks

@JeffH

Your LX looks great in that color with theat landscape background!

That's a great deal! Was it wheels and tires together? What size tires are they? Are these 275/65R18? What PSI do you run these tires at? Do they lean heavy vs. 20 inch stock wheels?
Wheels and tires off of craigslist for $750. Stock size as you mentioned. No lean I run stock pressure of 35? Psi. It handles better especially on bumps and pavement seams.

View attachment 2015873
If you need a 5th matching spare, I have one available for sale.

I currently have 4 Tundra TRD Pro wheels (not the new BBS) and am planning a build at the end of the summer if anyone has any interest. Perfect condition with 8k miles and BFG KO2 275/70r18 tires also 8k miles. I’m switching to evo corse which is the reason for selling. Most likely available end of July-August in the Philadelphia area. Feel free to PM for pictures or questions.

does anyone know if the TPMS from these Tundra TRD wheels will work in our LC... Especially my 2008? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom