2000 100 series with a climate control issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I seem to be stumped. When i run the climate control all the way to the max cold setting it triggers the heat. I have taken everyones suggestion and replaced the Thermistor cooler sensor part number 88625-47021 and no luck. This part is located under the ignition where you can see the slots in the dash. After digging a little more I have discovered that if I hold the climate control temperature dial all the way to max cold without letting go it stays on cold. As soon as I let go it switches to heat. Any ideas? Maybe a part number?

20180814_184331.jpg

20180814_184327.jpg

When you say triggers the heat do you mean the blend door switches and opens up the ducts to the heater core or do you mean the ac compressor is not working and the air is ambient temp?

It switches the blend door and opens the ducts to the heater core. It will actually switch from the upper ducts to the floor ducts and creates heat.

I have not. It appears that i will need to get it looked at. Its above my pay grade.

Ok. I have the FSM I can show you the troubleshooting steps. You will need to use a multimeter and disconnect the amplifier. It is not difficult but an electrical troubleshooting background is helpful. You could also just gamble and install this part.
Temperature Control Front Fits 98-02 LAND CRUISER 883985 | eBay

Installation takes about 3 minutes. Or drop it at the shop, pay the diagnostic fee and see what they say.

I will check out the part and go from there. Thanks alot for the help. I hope that will be the answer. I will get back to you and hopefully it will be good news. Thanks again!

Good luck. Make sure you are buying this assembly. Most junkyards sell them this way but others want to piece it out. Also if you buy one make sure the rear fan button is the same as the one you are replacing. Many of these from the NE have the Rear Heat option and the controller is different.
IMG_1489.JPG
IMG_1490.JPG

Wow! Very helpful. I appreciate your knowledge on this. I will be getting back to you on my progress.

Wow! Very helpful. I appreciate your knowledge on this. I will be getting back to you on my progress.[/QUO
123_1.jpg
TE] So it worked. I got the new bezel this week and swapped it out. It works great. The wood grain is in sad shape but I am going to remove it with a heat gun. Thanks for the help. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom