Events/Trails Red Cone Colorado Trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just did the Red Cone trail over Webster Pass yesterday. Tons of fun but very difficult in my somewhat stock FJ62. I did a quick write-up here:

Red Cone

The reason for the write-up was that I could not find much info to inform me on how an relatively stock FJ62 would perform on this trail. It was far more challenging than I expected, because I just didn’t have adequate clearance. Bigger tires and a higher lift kit would have been very helpful. I was also loaded pretty heavily with a roof-top tent and a bunch of camping gear.

Anyway, tons of fun even with hours of moving and stacking rocks. The views are spectacular!
79D7B217-67F1-4456-AEBB-3649573C367F.jpeg
F9968807-F83C-4CA6-B188-510F3E89E3FA.jpeg
A98BE80D-86D7-4FA5-B33B-8D0534532088.jpeg
2D26B0BA-CEED-4949-9384-1807459BA390.jpeg

8712A60C-6EFA-4A4C-A9DC-4284E3F7B469.jpeg

Nice! I am going to Colorado next summer for 2 full weeks. I will be adding this to my list.
I will be trying a not so tired 2f and H55f, but by then I will have a locker in the rear and maybe a LSD or locker up front.
with my mild lift and 32" tired should be fun. I will be loaded as well but always up for a challenge.

I did Webster Pass and overlooking the folks coming down from Red Cone was a bit too exciting for me to watch. I read your write up and i think i'll try this pass next time we are out there.

@JohnCapoccia
You don't need no lift...!!!
I see Oscar the happy pooch...!!!

@JohnCapoccia
You don't need no lift...!!!
I see Oscar the happy pooch...!!!

Oscar had FUN!! You’re right, no lift needed if you have a strong back! My hands are raw from handling rocks. I made a mental note to pack a pair of gloves in the liftgate storage. Got high centered once, almost had to break out the hi-lift jack.

Nice! I am going to Colorado next summer for 2 full weeks. I will be adding this to my list.
I will be trying a not so tired 2f and H55f, but by then I will have a locker in the rear and maybe a LSD or locker up front.
with my mild lift and 32" tired should be fun. I will be loaded as well but always up for a challenge.

I’d love to see the Colorado Rockies in my cruiser. Nice pictures and trip.
Think of me when you come out here! I should be up and ready for the trails by next summer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom