Mr. Ugly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I’ve been putting everything together and had to get out of town due to the recent wildfires. I thought we were going to lose it when my friends paint shop (home garage) was evacuated a couple weeks ago. I ended up driving it to my shop without windows, lights or bumpers. Sadly we’ve lost 200,000+ acres and over 1100 structures. I have put 1200 miles on Ugly in the last 2 weekends and had a chance to try my RTT for the first time. I really like this rig. People hate the AHC but, it sure is nice with everything loaded down and the camping stuff inside. Power is a bit weak compared to my 200 for sure but, this feels like a refined 80 & I love it. Haven’t been off road with it yet, maybe next weekend

FA9AD306-EA0B-4505-B635-904A53CD9CA1.jpeg

69EF47BC-D254-41CB-87A6-EBBCAB76FD70.jpeg

81E83BF9-781F-40ED-965B-FF37717F4B0C.jpeg

95C8E1FD-B01A-4B8E-9F42-5BE8C530AE4E.jpeg

05CC0B3D-A5C5-452A-B6B3-340C1E8EF472.jpeg

That turned out great, nice work.

Very nice! Let us know your thoughts on that Smittybilt RTT. Have my eyes on going that route shortly.

Very nice! Let us know your thoughts on that Smittybilt RTT. Have my eyes on going that route shortly.
Will do! I’m going to use it the next few weekends for sure. The installation instructions were poor, but a little common sense goes a long way. First impressions were good. Build quality seems good. All of the tent covers I saw this weekend looked dirty as they were light colored. I was glad this one was black. I’ve read the Velcro straps fail over time. Ill do a report when I get some more time in it.

I just found your thread "Mr ugly". I'm very impressed with your skills.

I didn't see a filter & exhaust system in your shop. Are you happy with the paint job?

How many hours did you spend on body & paint work/fun?

Very impressive work. They also have a full RTT Trailer package that looks cool.

I just found your thread "Mr ugly". I'm very impressed with your skills.

I didn't see a filter & exhaust system in your shop. Are you happy with the paint job?

How many hours did you spend on body & paint work/fun?

My good Friend Jon gets the credit for it. He used a large industrial Fan and Huge sheets of plastic to make a "Booth". I have lots of book skills but, he is a master at his trade. The two right doors are from Pick N Pull. We couldn't save them. Probably more than 120 hrs. Two days taking things apart & re-assembling everything. The only thing that stayed in was the rear glass. I'm glad its together. I have put 1200 miles on it and have decided it needs more power & or gears. I will address the power issue first. $$$ I'm going to have to stop spending for a bit. Paint & materials were right at $1500, if anyone is curious. A good $500 more than I planned.

Very impressive work. They also have a full RTT Trailer package that looks cool.
I just saw that! Looks good and priced well I thought. I'm going to search and see if anyone has feedback on the new Trailers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom