Wanted Early bench seat / jump seat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Indygbd

SILVER Star
Threads
I know this is going to cost me, and I would just build one if I had on to look at.

I need an early fj40 forward facing rear bench seat.

Name your price and try to be gentle. Willing to trade other great cruiser parts I have too if you prefer that instead of cash.

Help a good mud member out.
I am willing to purchase the front seats too if you will not separate the set.

(Below photos is not mine and for reference only.)

Rear bench seat pic.jpg

Does any one have fj25 jump seats?

The Jump seats were more common in the US the the back bench seat. Not sure if Mike Fox had one or not? Proffitt's 25 had one. That one may be in Miller's Land Cruiser Museum. Believe Specter Off Road had a white one with one. Toyota's museum has one too I think. It has enough non correct parts I didn't pay that close of attention. Believe one think these all had in common was they were soft top models. Believe they all had the folding style of bows. Four soft tops and the ones I have were all the standard bows and set up for jump seats. Couple of mine have the jump seats. The two that still have jumps seats also still have the Darth Vader light. Wonder if that is just a coincidence.:hmm:

I am willing to have a replica seat made if I can use someone's bench for reference.

Think I would start with a front passenger's seat before I would use jump seat. Or possibly start with a early Bronco rear seat. Believe the black is from a FJ25 that came with a 71 FJ40 I bought back in 94. It was being used as a rear seat. While might be hard to find the passenger from a early 45 pickup with removable top has front legs that go straight down. Would need to trim the outside edge but would make a good start.
IMG_2894.JPG
IMG_2896.JPG
IMG_2889.JPG

bump. Still need a seat for reference. I want to make an exact replica of oem rear bench. Can someone help me out?

bump. Still need a seat for reference. I want to make an exact replica of oem rear bench. Can someone help me out?

Might want to make a trip to Sandy Utah. Believe Proffitt's FJ25 is in that Museum. It had the forward facing seat. Believe Marv's white FJ25 at SOR may have had one too.

Might want to make a trip to Sandy Utah. Believe Proffitt's FJ25 is in that Museum. It had the forward facing seat. Believe Marv's white FJ25 at SOR may have had one too.

Thanks, I might have to do that. I need to get photos and measurements to make one. I am confident I can do it, I just want it to be exact if I am going to go through the trouble.

Just verify the Land Cruiser museum has Proffitt's FJ25 before going. Would do the same at the one at SOR. Not even sure what happening at SOR now that Marv is gone.

Thanks, I might have to do that. I need to get photos and measurements to make one. I am confident I can do it, I just want it to be exact if I am going to go through the trouble.
Hi Indygbd, Any success for make Replica of OEM front facing seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom