Tacoma Fuel Economy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gun Runner 5

ODD IRON OFF ROAD
SILVER Star
Threads
I recently bought a 2014 (4 door / 6cyl. / 4WD) Tacoma. I'm on my 4th tank of fuel and so far I haven't broken 16 mpg. Is that as good as it gets?
Thanks

20151016_155723.jpg

We average 18 with our '15. Probably 85% county roads/highway and 15% town driving.

My speedometer may be off somewhat. I guess I need to use a GPS to check the calibration.
The tires were installed by the previous owner and wouldn't have been my first choice.
Thanks

I get about 15 as DD city driving and about 16/17 on the HWY when loaded for a trip but I have a top, deck system, 255's and my offroad equipment and tools stays in the truck all the time so its always loaded.
20160728_172330-02.jpeg

Yep, I get about 17 in the city. I don't spend much time on the highway.

image.jpeg

Although the fuel economy could be better, overall I'm very pleased with the truck.

Last edited:
My 2012 doublecab Tacoma, 6 cyl, with an A.R.E. shell is getting 19.5 mpg around the city. I don't drive like a grandma, but I don't floor it everywhere I go either. Without the shell, I am usually at 20-21. I have generic all-terrain tires. My mpg goes down on the highway.

This is the best website I've seen in terms of figuring out what "real world" mpg is on a vehicle. These are people who text their miles and gallons pumped every time they go to the gas station. I used to keep up with mine.

Toyota Tacoma MPG - Actual MPG from 6,910 Toyota Tacoma owners

Last edited:
I recently bought a 2014 (4 door / 6cyl. / 4WD) Tacoma. I'm on my 4th tank of fuel and so far I haven't broken 16 mpg. Is that as good as it gets?
Thanks
Clearly, Charles, you need a bigger tank.....

I know a guy what can git you a deal :)

upload_2018-6-7_12-28-31.png

Attachments

• LRA TACOMA MAIN TTACDCR .pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 429
My 16 Taco got 19-23 mpg easily anytime day/night. On extended highway drives (2 plus hours) up to 33.6 mpg. Running OEM tires with Toyotas new V6/6 speed.

Aloha, I just joined this Wonderful website. I was just wondering if there is a place for 2 WHEEL Drive Tacomas? I have a Real Cherry 1998 SR5 V6 Extra Cab 5 Speed with only 90 K on it. Always Garaged. It Getsfrom23 to 25 MPG With the Air on. It is Fully Loaded. My Wife drives a 2010Corolla LE, up to 37 MPG. Unreal. Can I be Notifiedwhere to find this web page for my Tacoma. thank You So VERy Much.

I'm getting about 15-16 if I baby it on highway going 70 mph. And mine is 05 Taco with 171K miles... 4.0. These 3.6s are supposed to be better with MPG... something is odd. Maybe you're led footed? lol jk. But it's way loaded with all sort of things that shave off the mpg, bumpers, tent, 33" mud terrain tires, lift etc... I hear re-gearing would help actually maybe 4.56s or a supercharger even you might gain maybe 1-2 mpg with a regearing. Wonder if anyone else here might pitch in on that idea.

I looked into the TRD Supercharger, and NOPE
You have to install bigger jets/injectors ='s more fun, but no increase in MPG
Gotta be gearing with taller tires.
I run 33's on my 07 with a 3" lift. When driving at 65 the GPS says about 70 MPH

I have a 06 Tacoma with an ARB Bumper and flippac on 265/75/16 tires. I drive conservatively keeping the revs below 2k most of the time, I am able to average 17mpg.

FWIW, my '08 Xtra cab PreRunner w/auto, 40K miles, gets 23mpg consistently as daily driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom