FJ40 For Sale Ads - Observations & Translations! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"Restored versions of these are easily selling for $80,000".....translation...this one will cost you $85,000 to restore.

Misspellings are another category that can need translation. Sometime you find some very interesting features in these "For Sale" ads. - Saw this one today - "Air condition blows dissent"
Looked at a Toyota mini truck and asked the seller if the ac works? He said works great may need a shot of freon! Opened the hood didn't even have a belt on it!! Buyer beware!

He said works great may need a shot of freon! - and that still may be true, as well.

Fairly old thread but man, this thread is hilarious (except for my post of course)

Just read this one....
Body is in very good to excellent condition as you can see by the pictures. When I looked at the pictures the rear sill is rotted out. They must have been talking about another part of the body.

Must see to appreciate is another often used line. Ads that use this line have few pictures and/or the pictures look like they are freeze frames from a 1981 7-11 hold up video. Look, you just post some decent pictures and I can appreciate it just fine in front of my computer.

one of my favorite lines : "Don't bother me with low ball offers. I know what these are worth." Usually found on an add for a $500 rat pile with a $10,000 asking price.

Just checked back in on this thread. Glad I finished my coffe first, or I’d have had some nasal issues laughing. 7-11! Bigfoot!

I’m sure @DSB345 and @SW20 have seen some humorous ads too. Post up you guys. This is as good as the White Trash Monday Chuckle.

"Beautiful as the day I bought it new." Proceeds to post only photos of the truck the day they brought it home brand new.

When they say it’s a “great project” might as well send it to the scrapyard

Or when they say this 40 is a veritable “time capsule”. Only problem is that while in the so-called capsule someone changed out the engine to a Chevy and punched so many holes in the tub that it looks like Bonnie and Clyde’s death car; but it does have original steelies and hub caps so there you go

"One owner car, nobody ever sat on the rear seats"

:cheers:

Nut and bolt restoration (evidently means ONLY a few nuts and bolts were "restored" and nothing else!
Or... "I wouldn't be afraid to drive it cross country" MEANS.... But you should be because it's lucky if it can be driven up on a trailer.

It occurred to me that there must be coffee beans rotting on the trees in central America, what with every single 'used only on a coffee plantation truck' now being sold in the US!

Just saw this one tonight for a 74' fj40. "100% authentic. I want to sell it to someone who is passionate about FJ40s." For starters it is not and no such thing as anything being 100% authentic. As for the concern about the buyer being "passionate"? Look pal, you are selling your rig on Ebay; me thinks you could give a rats &&& about who buys you "authentic" rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom