200k Service & PM - Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I am taking my 2000 LC in next week to have a few things looked at and addressed. Truck has no pressing problems. Bought it ~two months ago, completely baselined the fluids—new TB, WP, serp belt, rear pads, spark plugs, tires.

Truck is rust-free, Deep South, probably never been off the pavement (yet).

I have been through the FAQ and these threads (they’re all a bit old, so I figured I’d ask):

200K make over

Just joined the 200k club

Hitting 200k, service needed?

Definitely needs new valve gasket covers, will have heater tee and coolant hoses checked out & replaced. Any suggested items to address while they’re in there with the gasket covers replacement?

Again, no pressing problems or anything that is throwing up a LOOK AT ME red flag, but I might be changing jobs soon and my mechanic is currently walking distance from work and close to home for bumming rides/uber when it has had to stay overnight.

I know the consensus here is that the ignition coils tend to sour around 200k, so will probably go on and have that addressed.

Just trying to take advantage of my current geographic situation for some stuff that will need to be addressed in the next 12 months or so while it is still super convenient. Plus starting a new gig and football season can make it hard to focus.

Suspension seems fine, but any specific recommendations there?

AC line is backing up but I am going to do that at home this weekend.

Here is everything Slee does in the 100 series 200k service, may be a good place to start, although it looks like you have most of it already covered.

upload_2018-7-27_13-30-51.png

upload_2018-7-27_13-31-23.png

Hey thanks a lot for this! Again, just thinking down the road and being able to drop my truck and walk 3 blocks to my office sure is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom