Fuel inlet pipe cut point (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm hoping to buy a replacement fuel inlet pipe/fuel filler pipe but shipping it intact across the country is cost prohibitive. I've asked the seller to cut it down and if he's able to I would like to know where the best place is since I won't be cutting the frame or lifting the body to install an intact one. Anyone know where to cut it?

Throw that rascal on a Grayhound bus with an address tag?
Good idea but I just tried and they don't seem to have any buses going to this part of CA anytime soon. I'll definitely keep it in mind for the future though, thanks.

I would not have them cut the pipe. However, if you do, I would have them cut it after where it bolts to the frame, between the bracket that attaches to the body and the rubber hoses on the tank. The upper part needs to be in one piece because the bracket is what holds the opening steady in the hole where the fuel filler door meets it. If you cut it above that point, I think the filler neck would flop around too much and it may even fall out of the hole and then it will be difficult to put gas in the car. All of that said, I bought a skid plate and filler neck from these guys and it was a $175, shipped, which I thought was totally reasonable. Rocki Top Auto – Call NOW (715) 322-5774

I happened to be there this morning and they did have one 80 that they were parting out. Otherwise, try car-part.com.

I had one shipped to me.
Don't remember it being expensive. Fella wrapped some cardboard and tape around it and stuck a shipping label on it. No giant refrigerator box or anything like that.

I had one shipped to me.
Don't remember it being expensive. Fella wrapped some cardboard and tape around it and stuck a shipping label on it. No giant refrigerator box or anything like that.
Or just get a new tank, skid plate, filler neck and anything else that will fit on a pallet and shipped for $165 through Fastenal. If the filler neck is shot, there is a good chance the rest of it is too. I just replaced the whole jalopy on mine and it was great to go in with better than new parts.

Prepping and installing a new gas tank, filler neck and skid plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom