LX570 - jack lift points, stand points, jack height? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi - I tried searching in the manual but could find the info. A little quick help appreciated.

1) where exactly do I put a floor jack? the manual shows some rough points but I'm not really sure exactly where to place the jack. I'm looking at the Arcan ALJ3T floor jack? Good? Or something else recommended?

2) how much lift does a floor jack need to support to lift an LX570 so that I can change wheels?

2) while I have the truck lifted by the jack, where do I place a jack stand? How high does the jack stand need to reach? I'm looking at Hein-Werner 7 ton stands. Good?

Thanks!

For the Front wheels I jack via the frame under the front doors. I have a 5 ton jack and jack stands.

For the rear I jack via the axle tubes. The 200 has so much travel that it will over extend my jack if I try to raise the rear via the frame. A big chunk of 4x4 post between the jack and the frame helps too.

For the Front wheels I jack via the frame under the front doors. I have a 5 ton jack and jack stands.

For the rear I jack via the axle tubes. The 200 has so much travel that it will over extend my jack if I try to raise the rear via the frame. A big chunk of 4x4 post between the jack and the frame helps too.
This is basically how I lift “on the frame” and support with jack stands.

Thanks guys! Is the Arcan floor jack good? Or is something different recommended? Never bought a floor jack before.....

I use a proper sized floor jack to lift and stick the proper size jack stands under the frame. That leaves the floor jack to lift up an axle or a control arm.

I'm having a hard time finding out how much travel I need for jack and jack stands. For a stock LX570, what height do I need the jack and stands to support? Is 18" good enough?

I'm having a hard time finding out how much travel I need for jack and jack stands. For a stock LX570, what height do I need the jack and stands to support? Is 18" good enough?
I don’t think that’s enough height to account for the suspension dropping down. I can’t tell you for sure since I have a lifted truck. Most folks have a sturdy block or welded extension in the 4-6 inch range to add a bit of height when the lift range is limited. I wish I had gotten a bigger better taller floor jack the 1st time I purchased one.

Ok - so I should look for something in the 22-25" range? The axle looks like it's about 15" above ground - so I need to lift that about 10" in order to get the wheels off the ground?

Sorry I don't have actual number for you to use but the included bottle jack is sufficient to lift the truck from any point. If you wish take it out and extend it. For the rear axle yor only need to lift 2 inches after you touch the axle. Just enough to uncompress the tire sidewall. For the front.. I set the ahc on high to save some cranking. At that point you won't have as much droop in the suspension.

I use the Harbor Freight 3 ton low profile $100 steel floor jack. It can lift the entire back via the rear diff or either side of the front. It's like 19" travel. It won't get the wheels 'high' off the ground, but it's enough. #62326 or similar.

You'll need tall jackstands.

H mode + Off is a good idea.

Thanks! Okay, so 19" jack works.

I was looking at these stand but sounds like they may be too short. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011O4WCG/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'd prefer these but am generally averse to buying from unknown / small vendors (usually like to stick with amzn and/or known big vendors).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011O2RYQ/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2HFXLR2UUDL44

Wonder if I can find them in a local brick/mortar store.

Certainly. Even Home Depot has jack stands. Definitely horror fright too. Usually 3 or 4 Ton stands are fine. I have 2 ton stands and they are barely tall enough, but it isn’t such an issue I feel need to replace or feel unsafe. Pretty easy to put a 2x12 under them too if need be.

I just got this jack today, and I didn't know what i was missing. It's the Long Reach version with 24" of lift and it was on "sale" for $169. The regular version goes up to 20", but I didn't think it would be enough to lift my fronts. I'm not even sure if this is at max height...

348E11E1-4A17-4FAB-A8FA-C7D9AFF06D96.jpeg

Good morning everybody may I be a little bit rude asking for some pictures where to place my bottle jack on the LX 570 let’s say I am stuck with a flat tire in the middle of the road should I go under my car and place iGood morning everybody may I be a little bit rude asking for some pictures where to place my bottle jack on the LX 570 let’s say I am stuck with a flat tire. I love some pictures if somebody don’t mind sending it to me thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom