little orphan annie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With the exception of the one driven by the "plucky TV actress" all four of the other 40s you posted today appear to have the curved-end front bumper, a feature leftover from FJ25s not seen on 1963s. I am by no means an authority, to painfully state the obvious, but I have only seen one 1962 FJ40 with a FJ25 front bumper and that 40 was at the very beginning of the known 1962 vin-range. All 1961 FJ40s I believe would have had the FJ25 front bumper as one of their distinguishing features, unlike 1962s which predominantly had the typical FJ40 front bumper seen on the actresse's ride. I believe.

More than likely the picture with the actress is a photo crop. The version with a military officer driving is probably the real picture. The 61's rear jump seats had arm rests front and back like the FJ25 except they were lower like later ones. The in the picture only has the back one. Supports it's being a 62.

annie just got a little bit closer :)
20180529_212249.jpg

today, i started working on the door frames. got them completely torn apart and ready to blast. hopefully i can get to that next weekend, then need to get my body shop guys to mix me up a bit of paint and order up some plexiglass material for the windows.
i'll post a bunch of measurements and a writeup in the soft top thread to help anyone out in the future. i know in the 40 forum, there was someone asking about refurbing doors and another person referenced an article i did on my 68's doors, but it was in toyota trails, not here, so that info isn't around until i (or someone else) dig's it up and posts it.
20180722_180615.jpg

new weatherstrip vs. 56 plus year old weatherstrip
20180722_120739.jpg
20180722_172304.jpg

life has been hectic, but i have finally gotten the pieces in the above pic cleaned up and primered. still need to do door and window frames. i'm shooting for having the doors done this summer. i know i said i hoped to have the top bows bent up by 2017 and it's now 2019 and i still haven't found someone to bend them up. the radius on the corners is the issue. and time to find someone to make a die is another issue. really would love to get it done and have another project behind me though.
20190120_174750.jpg

life has been hectic, but i have finally gotten the pieces in the above pic cleaned up and primered. still need to do door and window frames. i'm shooting for having the doors done this summer. i know i said i hoped to have the top bows bent up by 2017 and it's now 2019 and i still haven't found someone to bend them up. the radius on the corners is the issue. and time to find someone to make a die is another issue. really would love to get it done and have another project behind me though.
View attachment 1884629

I know the feeling Ige. I was hoping to finish restoration in the same year when I started my build thread and I haven’t even started tearing yet. At least you are driving Annie around, I last drove mine was way back in early 2006 in Newbury Park, CA. I am really keen to see the door surround pieces finished and installed on Annie.

progress is soooooo ssssssslllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww. one door primered. want to paint and skin, but have to wait until i have bows and still need to find someone that can bend them with those super tight bends :(
20190324_135731 - Copy.jpg
20190324_145539 (1) - Copy.jpg
20190326_183625 - Copy.jpg

Nice work. I owned my '63 for twenty+ years and never got doors done...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom