I need help with the radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi mud family I’m doing the timing belt and I noticed the radiator has this pink stuff on the side and do u think should I change it or can I still reusable it? and If I need to replace what brand u guys recommended?

A93993CC-022F-4B6C-A205-DE62E9D04922.jpeg

138397B0-A1D6-4D45-B5FA-7C0454AC9F86.jpeg

Silly question, you must replace! Cant remember the brand of preference, I am sure somebody will chime in with it. Easy job, don't forget to use Toyota Long Life Red Coolant.

Denso is the oem brand. I got mine on amazon. Replace the water pump too if u don’t know the condition of it. There’s an Aisin water pump and timing belt kit.

I put the part numbers on my build thread in my signature.

Silly question, you must replace! Cant remember the brand of preference, I am sure somebody will chime in with it. Easy job, don't forget to use Toyota Long Life Red Coolant.
When I drained it The coolant was pink can I switch it to red becoz I already have 2 gallons of red coolants at home

Red is pre-diluted pink. I did not want to wait for the parts to fail so I replace them preventatively at 123k or so.

Here are all the part numbers from amazon:

Fan clutch FCT-075
Radiator Denso 221-3125
WP, belt, tensioner Aisin TKT-021
Upper and lower radiator hoses
Thermostat

@chiz45 good list. Add replace the radiator cap.

On the fan clutch, I didn’t replace. It’s not a common failure point as far as I know.

@terrance lim By the way, my radiator wasn’t seeping as bad as your picture. I was probably half as bad and I replaced it. My mechanic said do not clean the pink crust because it serves as a selant. Just replace the radiator when you are ready. I still drove like 2500 miles with mine seeping.

If your radiator looks like that, you are going to have to take it off, if you are taking that off you might as well do the TB and water pump for $350 more. Check the hoses and replace them if they need it. Good luck, take pictures.

@chiz45 good list. Add replace the radiator cap.

On the fan clutch, I didn’t replace. It’s not a common failure point as far as I know

I only got the idea because it was mentioned a few times on GXOR. It’s $89, and you have to remove it anyway to do the above. Cheap insurance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom