1HZ vs 1HD-T oil pressure & level issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

Anyone who has done similar or been able to resolve a similar issue?

My HZJ75 has a 1HD-T motor in it, great swap and I can recommend. The Oil Level light and Pressure Guage is the only I have; The 1HD-T came from an 80 Series of the same year as my HZJ75.

The 1HZ motor has a oil level switch in the sump - the 1HD-T does not so I have removed the sensor and tie wired it closed simulating a full sump for testing purposes.

The oil pressure is identical - from what I can see from both diagrams show the same set up for the oil pressure but not for the oil level.

help?

IMG_9726.jpg

IMG_9727.jpg

IMG_9728.jpg

Update - success - the small "Noise Filter" was open circuit.... Gauge works.

Next step - where do I get a replacement noise filter resistor? Photo attached if anyone knows?

The sensor in the back ground is the oil level sensor/sender - I'm unsure if I should drill a hole in my sump to install it? Thoughts?

John
Darwin, NT

IMG_9731.JPG

The sensor in the back ground is the oil level sensor/sender - I'm unsure if I should drill a hole in my sump to install it? Thoughts?

Yes , you can cut a hole or buy a used 1HZ sump and sell your old one. Just so you know , the oil level sensors come in 2 varieties , one is long and rectangular and the is the other square type like you have in the pic. It depends on the year, I think they changed at the 78/79 series.

Where does the noise filter resistor go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom