New 80 series owner.... Yeah ME! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Oh boy, I jumped in and bought a '97 LX450 today. Florida car, super clean underneath, but ZERO goodies. I have a long road of trail mods ahead of me. Looking forward to the work and fun actually.
My kids (teenagers) are about to get an automotive maintenance crash course. My rules are simple, "you want to drive it, learn to maintain it."

AC's kaput, that's gotta get fixed here in SC. (gonna take that to a pro)
Going to start the Base Line work tomorrow with an oil change then work my way through the rest of the fluids and greases.

Needs lift, front bumper, winch, sliders, under armor and lose those useless 3rd row rear seats; Who TF were those designed for?! Umpaloompas?

Where do you guys get cosmetic parts, like window trim and door and window seals?

Got an oil leak, appears to be coming from the distributor cap/block interface.
The power locks are on the fritz, sometimes they lock and unlock, but mostly they just piss me off. The more you push the button, the less they work, acts like the solenoids are overheating and failing. Might fix them, might just pull the fuse and say F-it! LOL Spent the first 25 years of life without power locks, I can go back.

Grats.
Google Slee offroad newbie guide. Lots of good info in there.
My door locks do not like to work when on hot sunny side of vehicle.

How many miles?
What is the plan with the Lx??? Expo, wheelin or DD?

Last edited:
Expo vehicle, I really like the Aussie builds with the overland camping trailers. That's the end goal, something that will get me and fam most anywhere we set our sights, from mountain tops to sandy beaches. Not really into BIG GIANT boulder hopping. Probably not gonna get too crazy with the lift, 2.5" and keep the stock 275/70. Ran them on my RAM1500 all over NH for years, never let me down.
The ol' girls got 211K on the clock. Ran it for 150 miles straight getting her home. Ran like a top! :) The only complaint is the rear end is a little swishy, makes me motion sick. BLECH! I'm confident the lift kit and re-shock will fix that... It better!

newb question...what's a DD?

OH! No, I have a Camry (330K mi) and a Sienna (215Kmi) for that job. This ones gonna be a weekend warrior.

Congrats, welcome. Any pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom