Rear spring issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been battling rear end sag for quite some time. A couple people at HIH8 had mentioned a set of ARB springs that might fix this issue. Right now I'm running the Slee HD springs that Christo suggested. They just can't seem to hold the weight. I'm wondering if the OME 863 I think was sugggested is any better? Anyone have experience? I'm running a set of ARB drawers and fridge in the back along with an ARB dual tire carrier rear bumper.

IMG_2568.JPG

Just a few pics to give you and idea. I run 863s in the rear. I have ARB drawers and a fridge. These photos were taken with not much in the drawers and the fridge unloaded.

I ran this setup at HIHs with a loaded fridge, loaded drawers(lots of tools), and 4 gallons of gas up top. It did really well but I don’t know how it would've done had I had another swing out and tire on the back. I think that might be too much.

When you’re fully loaded I don’t think 863 would be enough. Maybe the 864 would work better for you?

AF653E77-C88D-4B4A-9443-3827DADFC4CE.jpeg

BAF95E54-86D1-4E70-B23D-6D87588C3F70.jpeg

728AA821-A460-4ACA-9CE0-43B5CC56CED1.jpeg

I popped in a set of OME 864 per Kurt @cruiseroutfit and they have been working great for me. Even fully loaded they have a little rake to them (the 100 seems to drive best IMHO with a little rake). I sit a little high with a Slee rear carrier, 35" spare, 60" HiLift, FULL Pelican box for recovery, spares, fluids, camp gear etc (150# or so FULL), an Engel Freezer (MT45). Add the roof rack and cases, all our camping gear and the springs sit nicely, with great response when driving, no swaying in the back end on washboards or fast driving. I love them.

Here's mine without the "extra" kit, just the everyday gear inside for a trail run. The slope was downhill but you get the idea.

IMG_3940.JPG

Hit up @reevesci.... trailtailer.com. I hear good things about the tough dog tourflex springs
Just an FYI, I do not believe Tourflex is made by nor has any affiliation with Tough Dog. Two separate entities, however, great springs from the reviews I’ve heard. He stated in another thread on here that Tough Dog springs are gold while Tourflex are red. Read his thread on these suspension systems, he covers them both in great detail

Tough Dog Suspensions & Tourflex Springs

Just an FYI, I do not believe Tourflex is made by nor has any affiliation with Tough Dog. Two separate entities, however, great springs from the reviews I’ve heard. He stated in another thread on here that Tough Dog springs are gold while Tourflex are red. Read his thread on these suspension systems, he covers them both in great detail

Tough Dog Suspensions & Tourflex Springs

The TourFlex coils are made by King Spring in AUS same as the Tough Dog coils. The TourFlex coils are designed exclusively for me through Tough Dog by King. I allowed Tough Dog to stamp the coils with their name to help me bring these to market and they agreed to allow the RED coloring instead of gold... King Spring wouldn't talk to me on making 100 coils at a time where they would with Tough Dog..

Who you know kinda deal.

Coils are made from the same materials, just the tapering process ans color is the main difference.

Jason

Try the 864s

3" TourFlex constants would foot the bill with ease and provide an excellent ride. @cmck has the heaviest loaded 100 running my setup and if he would comment on his experience and ride would be great.

J

View attachment 1749979 View attachment 1749980
I have had the TourFlex Heavys on for over a year now. I have a slee dual swing out rear bumper and a slee blueberry front bumper. I run full skids and a big cargo drawer for the everyday setup.

The ride with the everyday weight is firm not harsh or bouncey. It carves turns the best it ever has. I also use TT extended sway bar links.

Twice a month or so I load up with a 15 foot travel trailer with 400lbs tongue weight and drive ~3 hrs. Once a month I load up a rtt and gear and go somewhere more remote.

The loaded ride is really close to the unloaded ride and that’s the beauty of it.

I would buy them again !

Airbag Man from Australia has these kelvar mesh sleeved airbags that I looked into for my 100 series when towing.

They ship to the US and total price was pretty reasonable. With the kelvar sleeve you can inflate to nearly 2x times the pressure limit for the normal Airlift / Firestone bags. Plus the sleeve helps prevent them from springing leaks and what not.

I run 868 now and they ride as nice as my Slee Heavys even unloaded.

The ass end is very high now but I have fridge, metal cargo system, 40 gal aux tank, and I added them when I got my KK to tow.

863 were horrible unloaded but I was running OME shocks also..

I am running Ironman FSP shocks.

I run the 864s with no sag. With all my gear and armor I'm over 7,000# with me in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom