drivers window rear plastic tab broke (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So rolling down my driver window I hear a loud thunk and see the glass is up to the back and down in the front like 45 degrees.

Removed the door panel and the back near the door latch plastic tab is broken :( Can you buy a new tab or is it time to bust out the super glue or jb weld ?

I sure hope there is a cheap fix over buying a new glass.

You will have to super JB weld it or new glass

jb weld applied figured may as well try it and see how long it holds.

Guess I should just pony up some money now and when it lets go again be ready for the swap lol

Is this the part that broke for you? A couple years ago that bolt felt out for me and the window was in the same position you mentioned. Fast forward until this week, and the same thing happened. Except this time the screw was intact and somehow the plastic jumped loose. Maybe there is a small crack, but how that jumped the bolt is a bit of a mystery.

I just put some thread locker on it and am seeing how long it lasts before it happens again.

Anyone else ever see this?

window.png

Is this the part that broke for you? A couple years ago that bolt felt out for me and the window was in the same position you mentioned. Fast forward until this week, and the same thing happened. Except this time the screw was intact and somehow the plastic jumped loose. Maybe there is a small crack, but how that jumped the bolt is a bit of a mystery.

I just put some thread locker on it and am seeing how long it lasts before it happens again.

Anyone else ever see this?

View attachment 2005215

It looks like there's a crack in that tab, and the force of the window going up or down slipped it over the bolt.

The window run is old. It grabs the window more and more as it gets older. That sound you hear when you hit the down button is the rubber holding the window. Then the white piece breaks.
Whatever window you use the most, that one will break first.
It's easier to install new window runs than to mess with the white keepers. But it is more expensive. It's like having a new seat belt. Once you have it in your hands and use it you'll see that it was worth it.
MIght not be the case 100% of the time but think logically about it and it will make sense, the reason it breaks I mean.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom