Marlin caliper and rotors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm about to start rebuilding my brake system and was looking in to this kit: Brake Caliper and Rotor Combo | Marlin Crawler, Inc. Has anybody used marlin's caliper and rotor kit as an upgrade for the stock front discs on later model 40s? Do you think they have any advantage over generic 4Runner calipers?

Anybody?

hi, hadn't used the specific kit, but did the same upgrade on my fj40. Price sounds about right & Marlin has great customer service & does a lot for the 'yota trucks & TLC's. You might want to check if your MC is up to pushing the bigger caliper & you might need wheel spacers to have the calipers fit your wheels. After it is all said & done, you'll have better stopping power.

good luck, ty
:beer:

Do you think they have any advantage over generic 4Runner calipers?

It sure looks like they ARE generic V6 4Runner calipers. Marlin is a great guy, and a great place to buy from, but I don't think these are anything special.

For a minitruck with solid rotors & small piston (FJ40 size) calipers, the marlin kit is a big upgrade.

For a land cruiser, the V6 IFS caliper with some aggressive semi-metallic pads is the same thing. I buy the parts from FLAPS to save on shipping hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom