Builds 97 on 40s Expo Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I blame ARB.

That said I do find it weird since that looks like a zuk install? @gearinstalls.com ?
Who set the 3rd up? I agree no loctite or torque...

Double post:
Crazy diff carnage.....but ok 5.29s somehow
When gear installs go wrong. Somebody either forgot the loctite, or the torque wrench. Or both. Odds are the ring gear is not OK once you look at the threads.

I talked to Zuk this morning and he didn't see any way this could happen. But never less he is having me send it back to him for a thorough inspection and rebuild.

IMG_0065.JPG

@ExpoMax, any conclusions from Zuk or findings what caused your front diff carnage back in May?

He never really found a reason the bolts backed out. But nevertheless put in some new 5.29s, red locktite, and a fresh rebuild.

Looking at this thread before I was like 40's on a 80 for cheap come on... And then you went overboard on the interior with a TV and a sink and I was still like what is this guy doing.

Now I see that you actually use this truck and did some epic travels in it.

Major hats off to you for having a goal and working through it!

I have a pile of parts that are just sitting in my garage. Fail!

Looking at this thread before I was like 40's on a 80 for cheap come on... And then you went overboard on the interior with a TV and a sink and I was still like what is this guy doing.

Word. Hes probably done more offroad miles than I have miles

Word. Hes probably done more offroad miles than I have miles

Thanks guys! It’s been a process for sure. I finally got to the point of being happy with where the truck is and since have just been cramming as many trips into my life as possible instead of always looking for the next mod. That has been pretty awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom